Help please

Options
Hello everyone - I need some help please. Over my career I have taken out a few small pensions which matured when I reach 60 last year. In most cases I took a 25% cash payment plus a reduced annuity.
I am confused regarding the recent budget. From April 2015 will I be able to completely cash in these small pensions??

Many thanks for any help - you'll make an old man very happy!!

Comments

• Your_Hero
    Options
    Hello everyone - I need some help please. Over my career I have taken out a few small pensions which matured when I reach 60 last year. In most cases I took a 25% cash payment plus a reduced annuity.
    I am confused regarding the recent budget. From April 2015 will I be able to completely cash in these small pensions??

Many thanks for any help - you'll make an old man very happy!!
    No you cannot because you have already drawn the pension so the budget changes do not affect you. If you have any pensions that you have not taken benefits from then it may be possible.
    Stephen Covey once said that "when you teach once, you learn twice". That is the primary reason for my participation on the forums as an IFA.

Although I strive to provide accurate information in my posts, there may be the odd time when I fail. Yes I know it's hard to believe but even Your Hero can make mistakes. Apologies in advance.
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You dont have pensions, you have annuities.

If you had not taken them early, you could have used the new rules.
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    and, of course, you didn't have to take the annuity route.

Did you use the open market option to get the best rates?

You could have used capped drawdown or possibly flexible drawdown if you had £20,000 of pensions income (typically Final Salary scheme in payment).

But it is too late now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport