We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Recipe help please! (Adjusting)
Solstice_3
Posts: 444 Forumite
I have no idea how to adjust cooking times for certain recipes. I have a 1.98kg boneless shoulder of pork and I want to slow cook it. The recipe I wanted to follow uses a 4.5kg bone in shoulder of pork, how do I adjust please? Or how can I cook mine 
Recipe = 4.5kg bone in 220c for 1.5 hours then turn down to 130c add 750ml of water and cook for 4 hours.
Thank you!
Ps I need to cook this for tonight's dinner
Recipe = 4.5kg bone in 220c for 1.5 hours then turn down to 130c add 750ml of water and cook for 4 hours.
Thank you!
Ps I need to cook this for tonight's dinner
Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
Grocery Challenge
April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
Grocery Challenge
April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
0
Comments
-
I would say about 40 minutes at 220c then turn down to 130c for around 2 hours, if its falling off the bone then you know its cooked. Just keep an eye on it so as you don't want it dried out.0
-
Thank you! ^_^
It doesn't have a bone to fall off though
Should have said I have a fan oven so thinking drop to 200c and 110c? Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
Grocery Challenge
April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 40 -
OK if no bone then maybe adjust by 5-10 mins less. As its a fan oven then yes drop the temps as you have stated.
Enjoy!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards