Divorce query

Options
I'm getting divorced, and need to give my ex c£30k, her pension scheme won't accept lump sum credit. Solicitor advises against earmarking. Can she open a new pension fund, bung the £30k in and then freeze it? Which provider might do this?

Comments

• mania112
    mania112 Posts: 1,981 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    all of them
  • SomeUser
    Options
    Your scheme may also give her her own account with the money. Is this DB or DC?
  • Your_Hero
    Options
    I'm getting divorced, and need to give my ex c£30k, her pension scheme won't accept lump sum credit. Solicitor advises against earmarking. Can she open a new pension fund, bung the £30k in and then freeze it? Which provider might do this?
    Under normal circumstances, she can open a new pension plan to accept the transfer. As to which provider she should use, this is down to her choosing. It also depends on on what type of pension scheme you have.

I don't know what you mean by "freeze it"?
    Stephen Covey once said that "when you teach once, you learn twice". That is the primary reason for my participation on the forums as an IFA.

Although I strive to provide accurate information in my posts, there may be the odd time when I fail. Yes I know it's hard to believe but even Your Hero can make mistakes. Apologies in advance.
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    She certainly would not want her pension 'fozen'. Pensions are meant to be invested to grow over the years to provide a retirement income.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure