Ofgen have to approve reading ?

Options
My first quarterly read is due and was advised by First Utility that I must give the reading within a 3 week timeframe. They said Ofgen have to approve the reading and maybe ejected !

Is this real ?

Comments

• mac2008
    mac2008 Posts: 266 Forumite
    edited 12 September 2014 at 8:50AM
    Options
    It is true that readings do get sent to Ofgem to calculate the levelisation fund, which suppliers pay into. Your FiT supplier then receives their money from Ofgem and pays you. I suppose they might have procedures to ensure no fraud is taking place - e.g. a customer (or even electricity company) inflates the readings to get more money, but I'd be surprised if Ofgem rejected an individual's reading unless it was orders of magnitude out what would be possible from their system.
    My PV system: South West England, 10x 250Wp Trina Solar panels, Fronius Inverter, South facing roof, 35° pitch with no shading.
  • kevin6666
    Options
    Not sure about the smaller FIT licensees but the big 6 do not provide readings to Ofgem to approve and neither do they provide them to Ofgem for Levelisation. Levelisation is done by providing a summary of Payments made and a few other bits and bobs but the readings go nowhere..well...they do get given to DECC annually but that's for something else.

I'd be reasonably surprised if Ofgem saw/approved the readings for the smaller Licensees, I'd imagine Ofgem just approve the Quarterly Levelisation data and give the smaller Licensees the cash to make the payments or not.

If you want quick Payments you'd need to use one of the big 6.
  • thomasusa80
    Options
    Not certain about the more modest FIT licensees however the enormous 6 don't give readings to Ofgem to favor and none, of these do they give them to Ofgem to Levelisation. Levelisation is carried out by giving a synopsis of Payments made and a couple of different bits and bounces yet the readings go nowhere..well...they do get given to DECC every year except that is for something else.

I'd be sensibly astounded if Ofgem saw/sanction the readings for the more diminutive Licensees, I'd envision Ofgem simply favor the Quarterly Levelisation information and give the littler Licensees the money to make the installments or not.

In the event that you need brisk Payments you'd have to utilize one of the enormous 6.

_______Edwordstephen_______
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There may be an innocent explanation for a newbie re-entering someone else's submission almost word for word but not adding a comment but it does bear a striking resemblance to a technique sometimes used by would-be spammers to build up their profile.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    EricMears wrote: »
    There may be an innocent explanation for a newbie re-entering someone else's submission almost word for word but not adding a comment but it does bear a striking resemblance to a technique sometimes used by would-be spammers to build up their profile.

Fascinating (I must get out more) how so many words have been replaced thesaurus like with similar words.

Do I assume that this may be some sort of bot?

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure