We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

chutney help - urgent

Hi there

I have 3lb of plums that need using asap, my plan is to knock up a big batch of chutney today BUT I can not get to my jars until this evening, would it be ok to make the chutney & leave it in the pan the warm it through once the jars have been located & sterilised this evening ????

thanks in advance

Comments

  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    what I've done before now is part cooked it - couldn't locate my jam jars in the garage until later that day - it turned out fine

    ***it was also plum***
  • Chris25 wrote: »
    what I've done before now is part cooked it - couldn't locate my jam jars in the garage until later that day - it turned out fine

    ***it was also plum***

    thank you ever so much 0 that's a great idea, I'll get it all cooking but not boil it up until later :D :j
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    :D - it wasn't intentional - I thought i knew where the jars were but somone had moved them.

    I usually prepare chutney/relish/marmalade, put it on to cook & stick the jars & lids in the dishwasher. By the time it's all made the jars are clean, dry & still warm ;)
  • Chris25 wrote: »
    :D - it wasn't intentional - I thought i knew where the jars were but somone had moved them.

    I usually prepare chutney/relish/marmalade, put it on to cook & stick the jars & lids in the dishwasher. By the time it's all made the jars are clean, dry & still warm ;)

    yup my hubby forgot to get the jars out of the shed & I've had a look & can't see them anywhere, but as we have building work going on it's practically impossible to get in there so I'll have to wait!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.