Car Boot in East Neuk

Options
People on here always asking for locations of Car Boots.

Crail Car Boot runs alternate Sundays on Crail airfield with the last two this year being 21st Sept and 5th Oct. It's quite well attended and fairly relaxed, you can turn up and leave pretty much when you want, but most people aim to turn up about 8am. Price is £10 for private sellers, vans and commercial pay a lot more.

For buyers expect to pay 50p to park your car. For sellers you can have as much space as you want for your tenner but it can be windy which can be a problem for lighter stuff.

The usual dealers are in attendance. Unlike Kinross, which I used to go to years ago at the old car auctions, the dealers here are pleasant and not pushy. In fact I've learnt quite a lot talking to them.

The car boot is well attended. As the area is rural and very reliant on tourism it has a high transient summer population of farm and hotel workers so expect to meet a high proportion of Russians and Poles who are keen on technology items, clothing, English language books and kitchen equipment (never expected to sell a garlic crusher at a boot sale but it went within 5 mins). There are lots of stylish young girls with an eye for a good bargain so clothes sell well if reasonably priced. Even young children haggle very hard round here and you have to admire that! Local young Mums seem to abound, so baby equipment, baby clothing and kids books will sell well. This boot has a high proportion of older people and the highest amount of antiques I have seen outside of Edinburgh. I have sold books on local history and old stamps which I didn't expect to. Also Chinese pottery.

All in all this is a well attended sale where you stand a good chance of recovering your petrol and pitch fees if you bring enough. A bit weather dependent but worth bearing in mind for next summer as when it winds up around 2-3pm there are a couple of good pubs and a nice beach nearby. The local fish and chip shop does a Sunday Roast and the fish compares favourably with Anstruther.

A good day out.

Comments

• bridgedino
    Options
    Thanks for the info, had a lovely wee drive up to Crail today. Sun was shining and enjoyed a wander around the stalls

Even the burger van served decent burgers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport