Any Advice,question Why Do You Think You Do Not Have Enough Money To Pay Your Debts

Options
Any advice please,
I am not sure what to put on the question regarding not having enough money to pay your debts,i know it is obvious but i don't know how i should explain it,do i give a brief story of my situation or just say that i don't have enough coming in to cover the outgoings,but it is asking for reasons.
any advice
thanks

Comments

• philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If its any help I gave a brief story/situation as to how i'd got to where I was, lost my job ill health ending up on benefits etc
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • madoldbat
    madoldbat Posts: 474 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Lisahelp! It is difficult trying to explain in a few words what has sometimes taken years to accrue.
    I explaind I had been living on my credit cards as I had insufficent money coming in to pay my debts and eat ect.It had got to a point were even this would have to end as I had reached my limit.I had asked for advice from the CAB and been told my best option was bankruptsy.
    Hope that helps .Sure you will get more advice soon.
    Some of the best lessons we ever learn,we learn from our mistakes and failures.the error of the past is the success and wisdom of the future.:wave: :beer::j
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Hi lisahelp. :)

There is no correct answer to this.

Just put it in a way that makes sense to you.

Options range from a bullet pointed list describing the major reasons, up to a full letter/essay explaining everything.

Please remember that this is only provided as a starting point for the judge/OR, and you have ample opportunity to explain yourself later during the OR interview or in subsequent conversations.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • lisahelp
    lisahelp Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    hi,
    I have been and done it,but i don't feel amazing relief at the moment like everyone says you do,my OR interview is not for over 2 weeks by telephone
  • philnicandamy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad to hear its all done...the feelings you've gone through so far are a bit like a rollercoaster the relief will come eventually after the 1st good nights sleep, I was the same after declaring myself BR you feel a little numb, I felt a little guilty but it WILL get better the calls & letters from creditors WILL stop & a little while from now you'll wonder why you worried

The OR telephone interview will be fine just answer everything you can & be as honest as possible & you'll be fine...meantime remember keep in touch & any questions etc we're always here

Phil
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • fermi
    Options
    lisahelp wrote: »
    hi,
    I have been and done it,but i don't feel amazing relief at the moment like everyone says you do,my OR interview is not for over 2 weeks by telephone

Well done. :D

Everyone feels different about it, and the point at which things really start to look much better will be different for everyone as well.

Maybe after the interview you will feel better.:confused:

Keep us up to date on how things go. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• lisahelp
    Options
    Thanks everyone,
    yes i agree i do feel guilty about everything,i will feel beter after the OR interview,after i came out of the court i felt really numb,do you think i should conact any of my creditors or leave it to the OR,i have been waiting for the nightly phone calls but for some reason i haven't had any tonight.
  • philnicandamy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    try and ignore the calls if you can, if not just politley tell them you are now BR & that the OR will be contacting them in due course and if by chance they contact you again remind them this could be seen as harrassment & if they need to contact you again please do so by letter only...on a couple of occasions I had calls & told them what I suggested seemed to work apart from O2 they asked what court & BR number I had..since then no more calls/letters

Try not to worry I know its hard not to but your not alone everyone here's been through the same thing before & we'll help when we can

Phil
  • lisahelp
    Options
    Thanks phil do i quote them my BR number
  • fermi
    Options
    Just give them the BR number (xxx of 2007), the Court, and which Office your OR is based at.

That's all they need to know.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure