OR Interview was too easy?

Options
Firstly thanks to this board for the silent support and information it has given me over the last few months.

I went BR on 26/06/07. The OR called 2 days later to query Holiday Savings on my SOA and the condition of an asset, my laptop, which I listed as damaged. He seemed happy with my explanations.

My SOA was listed as

Income (wages) 1178

Rent - 252
Housekeeping - 300
Gas/Elec - 80
Water - 31
Telephone - 35
Travel - 69
Clothing - 40
Maintainence (CSA) - 159
Council Tax - 70
TV Licence - 11
Glasses - 10
Holiday Savings - 40

I duly received a letter in the post confirming my OR interview for this morning.

It lasted 11 minutes.

They queried a couple of loans I had listed. They were years ago and I couldn't remember what the money was used for. They didn't seem to think this was a problem. All of my debt occurred years ago. Cards etc have long since been cut up.

My AoS was not mentioned at all. I was prepared and had a revised SOA on hand ready to negotiate with.

They mentioned that early discharge will be considered where there is no fraud or gambling to content with. Tho they did not directly say they were pushing for ED they did stress if it happens that I would receive a letter in the post in 3 - 4 weeks and kept stressing how important it was to keep an eye out for that.

Everything seemed to go too well. Am I being cynical or have they just accepted my full SOA and are considering ED with no IPA/IPO.

Thank you.
When it comes to thought, some people stop at nothing!

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Although it never possible to be 100% sure, it certainly looks as if your case is straight forward enough for that to be pretty much the end of it.

Not every case has to be beset with problems. People normally only post on forums like this when problems occur, and I expect we never hear about the large number of cases that progress nice and smoothly.

Are you sure they said 3-4 weeks for the ED letter, not 3-4 months? The rules for the OR normally require them to wait at least 3 months before they can start the ED procedures.

From: http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/freedomofinformation/technical/casehelpmanual/Discharge%20from%20Bankruptcy/discharge.htm
    Before considering whether or not the early discharge procedure is appropriate 3 months must have passed since the report to creditors was issued. Firstly, in cases where the official receiver is trustee and there is no income payments agreement (IPA) or income payments order (IPO) a further review of the bankrupt's income must be completed. In exceptional circumstances it is not necessary for this to be done, for example, where the bankrupt's only source of income is disability, state or other benefits, and this situation is unlikely to change.
    If you should receive the ED forms (letter with EDREV on top right, and form labelled IPOQ) then make sure they are returned within 14 days.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • floyd3197
    Options
    Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes sorry it was months not weeks.

My head is so scrambled today with so many emotions running riot :rotfl:
    When it comes to thought, some people stop at nothing!
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    floyd3197 wrote: »
    My head is so scrambled today with so many emotions running riot :rotfl:

That feeling I know very well.;)

My early discharge forms came through at about 7 months, so don't be too disappointed if they don't come through as soon as you think. Getting the ED process going often gets shoved to the bottom of the pile in the OR's office when they are busy with lots of new and complicated cases.

You can/should hope for ED, but never expect it. Even the full 12 months is a lot better than the 3 years it used to be.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Conor_3
    Conor_3 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    floyd3197 wrote: »
    Everything seemed to go too well. Am I being cynical or have they just accepted my full SOA and are considering ED with no IPA/IPO.

Thank you.

You didn't lie and because of the research you've done, you presented the facts in clear easy to understand format so all the OR "trying to drag blood out of a stone" and "you think you can pull the wool over my eyes sonny?" routines were avoided which is what takes the time.

Good luck with the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport