My Debt-Free Diary - Take Two

Hello,

I've been away from this site for a while but just had a read through the diary thread I had on here a few years and it reminded me how useful it was. So, I'm back - with a fresh new start and a set of challenges to give me a kick in the right direction. I have a few things that I would like to save for and some debts to repay (mostly interest free at the moment). Here are my challenges, to be completed by Christmas....

- Save £100 for a day out with friends - £100/£100 - complete
- Save £200 for a mini holiday with family - £180/£200
- Save £150 for my daughter's birthday - £0/£150

- Clear credit card - £0/£300
- Pay £20 per week off overdraft - £0/£320
- Pay £50 per month off loan - £0/£200

Also - I have read on other sites recently about people trying to keep to a £1 per day food budget - so as an extra challenge I'm going to try and keep to this between now and Christmas, £1 each (me & daughter) per day = £224 on food for the next 16 weeks. Should be achievable as we have plenty in the cupboards & freezer - (I'm not going to include eating out as this is a special treat that we don't do very often).

So, here goes, :beer: updates to follow....
If you don't like where you are - move. You are not a tree.

Replies

• Good luck with your challenges. I'd love to see how you get on with your food budget as this is one area where I always overspend.
  • Mummy_MooMummy_Moo Forumite
    138 Posts
    Thanks PinkGiraffe! Got loads of food in at the moment so no need to do any food shopping so far. Will be interesting to see how I'm getting on in a couple of weeks.

So far so good. Nice quite day at home so not spent anything. Had some money left over from this week's budget so have added £20 to the savings pot and chopped £30 off the credit card.

- Save £100 for a day out with friends - £100/£100 - complete
    - Save £200 for a mini holiday with family - £200/£200 - complete
    - Save £150 for my daughter's birthday - £0/£150

- Clear credit card - £30/£302
    - Pay £20 per week off overdraft - £0/£320
    - Pay £50 per month off loan - £0/£200

16 week food budget - £0/£224

Looking forward to next week, hoping to have some more good updates for you on Sunday :-)
    If you don't like where you are - move. You are not a tree.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 in bonus points

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals