serious ill health retirement

Options

Comments

• CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to say, my CETV came through the post today.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,489 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    CETV came through the post today.

Handled with dispatch and courtesy all round!:)
  • mexico2372
    Options
    xylophone wrote: »
    A satisfactory outcome and after some frustration efficiently handled.

I have to say that I am rather surprised that the "overall manager" should criticise a member of his staff to a member of the public in this way -hardly professional behaviour I should have thought.

Apart from any other consideration, it would appear that she was not there to ask....

Sorry, i just noticed this and feel once again a reply is needed.
    So, lets get this correct, despite all of the lies this woman told me as well as seemingly completely incompetent at her job you STILL find the need to make comment on it.
    The overall manager, yes he WAS and IS this so i do not need to put it in quotes, took on my case and on seeing that this woman had lied, misled and was incompetent apologised to me for this.
    Just what is it you seem to find so hard to grasp that this woman did exactly all that, the manager has saw this and apologised for it.

Do you expect him to say oh, i'm so sorry she has lied, misled and been very incompetent but i fully back her and will not have a word said against her so i will not apologise for her behaviour? Why you find that so hard to believe says more about you my friend than anything else.

Of course he was going to criticise her as the evidence was there right in front of his face so he had no choice but to do this. Good grief, i know all about defending staff at times as i have also been in management roles but certainly not in this instance when it was so clear and blatant.

Oh and to Cath and the others, thanks for your good wishes, onwards and upwards from now on i hope....and good luck in your quest for resolving your pension issues or whatever, cheers for now, :)
  • xylophone
    Options
    Let us begin at the beginning - I believe it started with what I felt was quite unwarranted rudeness to James who had been extremely helpful - see post 52.
    Now whilst some of your replies have indeed been very helpful this certainly let you down!
    You seem to have completely missed the point of my criticisms of the way it was being handled, i guess you must work for one of those type of companies then as you seem to have taken the criticism personally.

Secondly post 53 I said
    I am sure that there can be few on the board who do not appreciate the strain you must be under- it goes a long way to explain ( if not excuse) the tone of your latest post.

Thirdly I said
    I would be surprised if there were any intention of lying or fobbing you off-it is difficult to imagine that anybody would want to do anything other than their best for somebody who is in so serious a situation.

And I do not see that James was justifying what is happening, merely trying to explain.

And I strongly suspect that the person to whom you spoke was simply passing on what she had been told?

You next commented
    So, up until now i have been very civil with her about it,

to which I replied
    One would hope you would continue to be civil.

If you have not received the information required by the beginning of next week, a polite letter sent by special delivery and marked for the personal attention of Ms YYYY might achieve a result?

You were then able to announce after all the sound and fury that you had the information you requested and within a very reasonable time scale.

I do not excuse incompetence but I think the tone of your reply ( the accusations of the member of staff lying etc) were over the top.

And there is no excuse for a manager "slagging off" a member of his staff to a member of the public.

"Nuf said, I think?
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    stop stop - someone on the internet is wrong

*unsubscribe*
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • mexico2372
    Options
    Mark88man: :rotfl:

Xylophone:

Ok we are clearly never ever going to agree here as obviously your definition of lying seems to be the opposite of my definition and my IFA's definition of telling lies as he agreed with me 100% as well.

I already explained it to you in a civil manner and still am, so again, just what you do not understand from my very very clear explanation a few posts ago that this member of staff was blatantly lying is anyones guess, only you know the answer to that and quite frankly i really do not care. As i already said, your definition of telling lies is way way different to mines.
    I guess if it was you in the same position being lied to blatantly you would not be so eager and willing to back someone up to the hilt, shrug your shoulders and go ok, no problem.
    I already said if she had just said it would be longer then no problem whatsoever, but she continued to blatantly lie so it's absolutely incredible just how you still just don't quite get that, it wasn't just simple incompetence but i actually guess you know fine and well that is the case and maybe enjoy sitting on a public forum every single day of your life doing this.

As for the manager slagging off, i never quite described him as ever doing such a thing so just why you have that word and also typed in quotes as anyones guess. I did explain to you just why the manager had to apologise for this woman's behaviour but yet again, you call it "slagging off" i call it him doing his job by apologising on behalf of a member of staff who has been acting inappropriately....again we have very differing definitions of this.

Your reply in the main was, well, quite pointless really, using multi quotes on things that really have nothing at all to do with the subject in hand as we are talking about the clear fact that this woman was lying, to which you back her up and refuse to accept she lied.

You will also see i thanked James for his replies earlier to this subject and he decided to leave it at that........ but you have conveniently decided to jump right in with both feet and get all involved in your constant crusade in backing this company up no matter what. It says more about you i think than anything else, maybe it's rife in that business, i don't know.

"Nuff said i think" ? (see, i used quotes as i'm actually quoting something you said, not using words that were not used but putting them in quotes as if you had indeed used them) :)
  • xylophone
    Options
    It says more about you i think than anything else, maybe it's rife in that business, i don't know.

"That business? And what business might that be? If you are implying that I am in the pensions' business then you couldn't be further from the truth!

And I hope that what my posts say about me is that I am very reluctant to accuse anybody of deliberate lying and that when I was in business, I had far too much professionalism to criticise a colleague behind his/her back, especially without knowing the full facts and even more especially to a customer/client.

Indeed, one could argue that anyone doing this should himself be reported to HR?

And I'll settle for "Nuf said".
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,730 Forumite
    Options
    Unbelievable.
  • madhouse
    madhouse Posts: 390 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hello, I hope you don't mind me pulling up this post, I wondered did you ever get the transfer sorted? I came across this post as my husband is in a very similar situation to you and we are awaiting a cash value from his ex employer. Thank you
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    madhouse wrote: »
    Hello, I hope you don't mind me pulling up this post, I wondered did you ever get the transfer sorted? I came across this post as my husband is in a very similar situation to you and we are awaiting a cash value from his ex employer. Thank you
    My sympathies. Provided he lives long enough there should be no big problems getting it done, just administrative hassles, though I hope you won't have to deal with the troubles that mexico2372 had.

These things do get sorted out when people become aware that a transfer is the better deal. Pension schemes don't have to tell them about that option and they could just mention lower value death benefits instead.

The bigger failures in the system come when people have relatively short life expectancies and the systems just don't move fast enough to resolve things before death.
    mexico2372 wrote: »
    You will also see i thanked James for his replies earlier to this subject and he decided to leave it at that
    I didn't decide to leave it at that. I merely didn't see your reply until now because other things had caused me to take a break from the forum for a while.

Personally I agree with you that the second person was correct to apologise for the poor handling by the first person and I would do the same at my non-financial workplace as required, and have.

Beyond that, however, we both have more pressing cancer-related matters to deal with and the important thing here is that you have had sufficient time to get a CETV and hopefully the transfer and payment to you has now been made.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure