Your help will be appreciated

Options
Hi all.

I'll be driving from Edinburgh to the Rosyth Ferry Terminal on 3 September around 8.00 am to collect some relatives from a cruise.

I have noticed that the roads tend to be quite busy then - the Edinburgh City Bypass, the approach to the Forth Road Bridge especially. It would be really helpful if folk who regularly use these particular roads around that time of day would make other arrangements on 3 September.

Thank you.:T

WR

(Well, if you don't ask....:rotfl:)

Comments

• JAHARVEY
    JAHARVEY Posts: 186 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Do you mind me asking what cruise they have been on?
    Just wondering as I thought they had discontinued the ferry service from there.
    Thanks
    J
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    It depends on how much of the bypass you need to travel round, it can be really busy in both directions come the start of 'rush hour'.

In normal traffic it takes about 20/30 minutes to get to the Rosyth turn off after the bridge from the M8 junction/spur on the bypass.

Lets say you need to be at the Terminal by 7:30 to allow you time to park and check where your relatives will be landing, in that case you should actually miss quite a lot of traffic on the bypass so I would suggest that you need to be at the M8 spur junction no later than 07:00 as the northbound side of the bridge is quiet at that time.
    I have allowed 10 minutes to get from the Rosyth junction to the Terminal as I'm not sure how that road is affected by the works for the new bridge.
  • soupdragon10
    Options
    I will make a point of NOT driving from Cornwall to use this road, so at least one motorist you don't have to worry about ;) have a safe trip.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    JAHARVEY wrote: »
    Hi
    Do you mind me asking what cruise they have been on?
    Just wondering as I thought they had discontinued the ferry service from there.
    Thanks
    J

Hi - I think it is Fred Olsen - there is one of theirs leaving from Rosyth on 3 sept, so I assume they operate a fairly fast turnaround...

WR
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    How did you get on yesterday?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family