PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sweetfire Beetroot - recipe help

Options
I understand that the delicious Sweetfire Beetroot from Tescos, Waitrose etc. is beetroot that is marinated in chilli.

Has anyone made this themselves? I would love to give it a go as I have lots of beetroot in the fridge at the moment. Hope someone can enlighten me!

Comments

• bltchef
    bltchef Posts: 292 Forumite
    Options

I would make the recipe below and add your beetroot to the sauce and leave to marinate it great on bbq ribs and chicken pieces
    5 Thai Chilies chopped very small
    500 ml maple syrup
    3 Tbsp cider vinegar
    4 Tbsp sherry
    4 Tbsp light soy sauce
    2 tsp minced ginger
    3 cloves garlic, crushed
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1/4 tsp paprika
    Add all the to a sauce pan and simmer over a low heat until thickened about 15 – 20 min
    <H4 style="MARGIN: 9.45pt 0cm 3.55pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">

</H4>

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi kittykat,

This recipe from the BBC website sounds like the kind of thing you're looking for Marinated Beetroot

Pink
  • kittykat500
    kittykat500 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow! That sounds great. Thanks a lot I'll give it a go Bltchef. Thanks also Pinkwinged
    (My thanks button doesn't work at home I'm afraid!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure