Early Discharge

Options
Hi
I am wondering if, everyone who qualifies for early discharge, receives SOA's to fill out a second time. I mean that after the original declaration at the time of Bankruptcy, has evreyone who has received early discharge, completed updated SOA's.
Has anyone, done nothing and been discharged?

About 3 weeks ago, I received a letter from the OR. My father purchased a car for us 4 years ago, and they needed a letter confirming this. Dad did this in March, but forgot to send it...
The letter from the OR asked if my father had forgotten as it was now urgently needed for the cases to progress.
We have been bankrupt now for 17 weeks.
I am wondering if we have to resubmit SOA's, what is the timescale (the cases are very straightforward) would we have already been asked?
Thanks for your thoughts
Vix
:starmod: I am not that savage :heartpuls But I am a Vixen :staradmin

Comments

• rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Savage - I did not receive a second SOA, but I was not given an IPA.

I would reccomend that you send in your dad's letter though, as it does sound as though you are being considered for early discharge. I hope you get it.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fingers crossed for an early discharge then!
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Hi Vix.

17 weeks would make it about 4 months wouldn't it?

In general an income review is conducted before the ED process is started, but not always it seems. Sometimes the OR's decide that they already have sufficient up to date info, or that your circumstances are such that there is no change, or sometimes they just don't bother for some obscure reason. This means that a few lucky people suddenly get discharged out of the blue (like rog2 :D)

There is an official waiting time of 3 months that the OR cannot avoid between the issue of his 'report to the creditors' (RTC) regarding any potential realisations from your estate, and the earliest point he can take any action to close your case and start any potential early discharge.

Considering the fact that it can take several weeks or longer for the RTC to be issued, even under the tightest working schedule it can only just be getting to the stage where ED can be considered for you. The unsettled matter of the car can't be helping either.

So the jist of your post is: "Have I missed the boat?"

And the answer is: "Probably not".

However, whatever the procedures the OR follows in your case the earliest possible discharge is at about 5 months, which allows time for the OR to do all the other procedures that they must carry out such as seeking any objections to ED from your creditors.

Hopefully this all will result in ED. :D
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    rog2 wrote: »
    Hi Savage - I did not receive a second SOA, but I was not given an IPA.

And I have no IPA, but did receive an SOA/IPOQ and notification of the start of the ED procedures. But no ED yet.:confused:

This all goes to show it is next to impossible to guess exactly what will happen in any individual case.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • uther_2
    uther_2 Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    We received an EDREV to fill in this week,along with the 'seemingly' standard letter.So I assume the ED process is going to start.Personally this was a surprise as there is still an unresolved matter with my motorbike,which I am supposed to pay £50 to 'buy out' the OR's interest.When I got the letter regarding this,I was also asked to fill in a form stating that the bike is MOT'd and roadworthy,which it isn't.I sent the OR a letter about this some time ago and have heard nothing since,but still got the EDREV form!So now we are awaiting further developments :rolleyes:
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    uther wrote: »
    We received an EDREV to fill in this week,along with the 'seemingly' standard letter.So I assume the ED process is going to start.Personally this was a surprise as there is still an unresolved matter with my motorbike,which I am supposed to pay £50 to 'buy out' the OR's interest.When I got the letter regarding this,I was also asked to fill in a form stating that the bike is MOT'd and roadworthy,which it isn't.I sent the OR a letter about this some time ago and have heard nothing since,but still got the EDREV form!So now we are awaiting further developments :rolleyes:

If you have stated that the bike is not MOT'd and is no longer roadworthy, the OR may no longer have any interest in it.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • uther_2
    Options
    Thats what I was thinking (hoping) Rog! The lack of communication from the OR is something I never expected when I went Br.It goes so quiet when really you expect all hell to break loose!
  • savagevixen
    savagevixen Posts: 1,276 Forumite
    Options
    HI
    Thanks guys! To be honest I am not overly bothered, it would be nice to have ED but I was just wondering really. To be honest we are moving (france) and will have to have mail sent over, so it would be handy to fill things out now!!!
    Uther I went BR 23/03.07, so presumably a fairly similar timescale.
    We have no IPA/IPO (well not yet) and I have heard nothing for weeks.
    Vix
  • uther_2
    Options
    Same here SV,and we are on benefits so I don't think we will get an IPA/IPO.
    Enjoy France!
  • savagevixen
    savagevixen Posts: 1,276 Forumite
    Options
    Yep we are on TC, CTC DLA CB etc, so she wasn't interested in the I&E at all, when we went BR. It is all still the same (for the minute!) and will only get worse as we will take a dip in income in France. But it will be worth it for the fresh start (esp with 8 yr old with Aspergers who has been out of school for 1 year now...) Fresh start and a bit of fun after a cr@ppy year! We can always come back if it's awful... Mother would be delighted to put all 7 of us up hehehehe
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport