🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

sugarfree gum

Options
hi i need sum advice on sugarfree chewing gum i have a part denture so all the usual ones i have tried are sticking to the teeth and plate all the time i have asked my dentist if he knows of anythink but he dusent:confused:
thanks dude

Comments

• Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,075 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Wrigleys used to do a gum called 'Freedent' which didn't stick to dentures - I know, cos I chewed it when I had a brace when I was 14.

So that must have been !!!!!! years ago. (Oh, has the page censored it?).

Don't know if it's still around.
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • dude_3
    dude_3 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    well have been on the hunt for sum freedent but to no avail so it dus seem to be obselete did get a stash of other brands that claim not to stick but thee all do! its a tad embarasing when yor out for a meal cos you no that the chewing gum has stuck to the plate and seems to have wrapped itself around the crowns:eek: so yor whole meals seems to taste of chewin gum:mad: i have to keep chewin gum all of the time cos of all the meds givin me a really dry mouth oh well bac to the drawing board:(
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,075 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • dude_3
    dude_3 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    hi toothsmith thanks for that looks like i will be takin a lot of day trips to france to stock up on the non stick chewy! i dont understand why thee dont sell it in this part of the country anymore i have heard tday there is one called dentine that may not stick apparantly boots used to sell it but not any more:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport