PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Meal ideas for Acid Reflux

Options
1235»

Comments

• allat
    allat Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    You may now have sorted your diet out...I was put on the same diet as you because I had a 10cm hiatus hernia and stomach inflammation and my drugs were changed. This is how I managed:
    I cut out coffee (which is v acidic) and switched to strong loose leaf tea. I switched from orange juice to apple juice.

Dairy
    Bertolli olive oil light spread
    1% milk
    Lidl low fat camembert and low fat mozzarella (can tolerate this)
    Low fat or fat free yoghurts

Protein
    Chicken or turkey
    Venison sausages, meat balls and hamburgers (in place of beef and pork)
    Fish grilled or baked
    Quorn mince

Fruit
    Almost everything except pineapple and citrus fruits.

Vegetables
    I avoid spring onions, tomatoes...I replace spring onions with celery. And cherry tomatoes don't affect me.

Alcohol
    I can tolerate cider and weak beer and I avoid wine.

Basically I just adapted my usual diet to this one. I avoid croissants, biscuits, cakes etc and I have jam on toast if I want something sweet or fruit. If you are at home this diet is quite easy. If you want to eat other meats e.g. pork chops try cutting off the fat and grilling. As your stomach heals up you may be able to tolerate a curry made with mild curry powder.
  • allat
    allat Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Forgot to add that the two cookbooks that I found that cater for this restricted diet are the Hairy Bikers Diet cookbooks...you then need to make some substitutions e.g. if the recipe calls for lean beef you can use chicken quorn or venison.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure