returning items to tesco

After buying a white goods item from tesco i was informed that it was a tesco selling partner so if anything goes wrong then i cant phone tesco i must phone the selling partner.
Is this right? surely consumer law states that you take it back to the place you bought it from.

Any advice

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    jag245 wrote: »
    After buying a white goods item from tesco i was informed that it was a tesco selling partner so if anything goes wrong then i cant phone tesco i must phone the selling partner.
    Is this right? surely consumer law states that you take it back to the place you bought it from.

Any advice

All of our Tesco Partners exist as businesses in their own right and they have their own customer service operations so we find the majority of issues are resolved quickly. However, in cases where the Tesco Partner has failed to resolve your issue, you can escalate the issue and ask us for help in resolving your problem. Please see the Tesco Partners Guarantee for more details on the process.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/seller-help/
  • was it bought from the Tesco site? did they take money from card? then contract is with them, not 3rd party supplier..
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
  • redmalc
    redmalc Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I had this issue the other week with a computer which was four months old,messed around by Tesco initially and told to liaise with Samsung after speaking to a moron who asked if i had dropped the computer because the charging points inside had broken i became very frustrated and refused to be fobbed of returned to Tesco and gave them what for they finally exchanged it for a new one
  • There was a time when Tesco customer service was exceptional. Unfortunately I think their divergence out into areas like this without having a customer focussed strategy to support it is yet another example of their recent decline
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure