Options
2»

Comments

• mattcanary
    mattcanary Posts: 4,420 Forumite
    Options
    CV Library is not a scam website.
    It has plenty of genuine jobs on it.

Universal Jobsearch is rubbish and repeats jobs (or scam jobs) over and over again.

I like Indeed but it only has jobs where you apply through the company direct. Agency jobs aren't included on it.
  • Nada666
    Nada666 Posts: 5,004 Forumite
    Options
    ElefantEd wrote: »
    I too hate UJM, but could you not just open each job you look at in more detail in a new tab?
    Fine for those at home. Work Programme providers etc often have systems where that sort of dangerous behaviour is banned.
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    mattcanary wrote: »

Universal Jobsearch is rubbish and repeats jobs (or scam jobs) over and over again.

I like Indeed but it only has jobs where you apply through the company direct. Agency jobs aren't included on it.

CV Library charge £99 plus VAT for job listings so of course the vacancies listed are going to be genuine. Scammers don't pay money for this sort of thing which is why they advertise on Jobsearch Direct.

Indeed is a website aggregator. That means they scrape jobs from a variety of websites. I don't know what your job search criteria is but I can assure you that they have loads of agency jobs listed. Today's listing for Norwich has plenty on the first page:

http://www.indeed.co.uk/jobs?as_and=&as_phr=&as_any=&as_not=&as_ttl=&as_cmp=&jt=all&st=&salary=&radius=25&l=norwich&fromage=any&limit=50&sort=date&psf=advsrch
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    ElefantEd wrote: »
    I too hate UJM, but could you not just open each job you look at in more detail in a new tab?

For my job search I check through between 2000 and 3000 listed job vacancies most days. If I were to click on every one there wouldn't be enough hours in the day to do my search. Note that I look through all jobs within a 25 mile radius of my area not just those within my Job Search Agreement categories. That way I don't miss any jobs that I feel that I'm capable of doing.

Indeed and other recruitment websites like Total Jobs are much more user-friendly than Jobsearch Direct because they show the first couple of lines of the job description of each vacancy.

The ideal for me though would be if recruitment websites had a similar function to what Money Saving Expert's forum software has whereby users can hover their mouse cursor over a thread title and read the opening post without having to open it.
  • mattcanary
    mattcanary Posts: 4,420 Forumite
    Options
    Coopdivi wrote: »
    CV Library charge £99 plus VAT for job listings so of course the vacancies listed are going to be genuine. Scammers don't pay money for this sort of thing which is why they advertise on Jobsearch Direct.

Indeed is a website aggregator. That means they scrape jobs from a variety of websites. I don't know what your job search criteria is but I can assure you that they have loads of agency jobs listed. Today's listing for Norwich has plenty on the first page:

http://www.indeed.co.uk/jobs?as_and=&as_phr=&as_any=&as_not=&as_ttl=&as_cmp=&jt=all&st=&salary=&radius=25&l=norwich&fromage=any&limit=50&sort=date&psf=advsrch

Yeah, you're right about Indeed.

However, you can set it up to only search for employers' vacancies if you wish (rather than jobs that are advertised through agencies).
    Most other websites don't do this.
  • brightonman123
    Options
    mattcanary wrote: »

UJM is a joke. Beats me how so much money is being wasted on it.

afaik, Indeed seems to be a job listing search portal
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
  • CCFC_80
    CCFC_80 Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Options
    As I understand it, Can you sign up to The UJM and not allow the advisers access to your account or is it a pre condition that you can only sign up if you allow them access.

What I'm getting at is can jobseekers check the site daily satisfying the criteria of claiming JSA without giving them access to your account or does it have to be one or the other?
  • stix62
    stix62 Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    Options

They'll want to know the email address you signed up with though, so they can check you have actually signed up.
  • Wozzie
    Wozzie Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    I've had nothing but problems with UJM and it really got me off to a dodgy start with my advisor/coach/whatever.

Basically I sign up do everything I'm meant to and then give them my email address and they tell me I'm not allowing them access or haven't signed up. I have to show them my universal job match history by logging in on my phone and then giving her the bloody handset.

Could you imagine how that scenario would play out if I didn't have a phone or ability to connect to the net? I'd most probably be appealing a sanction.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure