PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

where do people get the money?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 4 November 2014 at 7:44PM
    Options
    bigmaz wrote: »
    An amazing story :) well done. Enjoy your retirement, you deserve it.

When did you buy your property? Just wondering if you could achieve the same if you were starting now with the house prices now?

Hi bigmaz.

I was away for a few days. The joys of retirement! and deals galore for the over 55s here too!

I bought my lovely ( to me ) house back in the late 80s. Still here!!

Bought it On my own too. As a female in those days, that wasn't so easy either!

Anyhow, I am in Southern Ireland (gorgeous place, and we are all a bit mad, but in a nice way!) and we have been through the mill of late economy wise, as you no doubt know,

So, during the late 80s early 90s over here, mortgage interest rates went up to 17% :eek: But I survived thanks to a loving family and my canny ways!

As to your question... well I think every dog has his day really.

Those who buy now on HUGE mortgages may just reap the reward at a later day.

I dunno.

but TBH I was and am happy with my lot. It was tough at times, but that's the same for everyone really, rough with smooth.

BTW I remortgaged aswell, and it was when interest rates were very low. No brainer there. The only reason I paid that off pre retirement, was my terror of 17% rates again!

Get that diary out, and find out where your financial leaks are.. but at the same time, enjoy life.

It is far too short.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport