£5 off fruit and veg at Morrisons again 7th August

Options

Comments

• Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    expect people to be posting how many papers they bought and how much they got and spent the whole day tooing and froing to morrisons then home to chop it slice bag it freeze it to go with the 1/2 ton of meat they got last week
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • LadyCoupon
    LadyCoupon Posts: 718 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Just something to be aware of folks, as I know the coupon was abused last time by some, not saying people on here but I did read that people were buying one piece of fruit and then getting normal shopping, chickens, etc.

I did my shop this morning and the lady asked for the fruit and veg items first to scan them through to see how much they came to, to make sure it was £5, if under the £5, she just took that amount off the bill, I actually hadn't realised my first fruit and veg shop only came to £4.87, so that is how much she took off the bill, then she started scanning the rest of the stuff. She said lots of people had abused it last time and they had been told to do this.

She also said when the meat one was on last week, lots of people bought one meat item, then things like a slab of beer, so they were stopping all that type of thing.

Not sure if all the Morrisons have been told this, but just to make you aware before doing your shop.
  • Athletic_fan
    Options
    I tried to buy two Newspapers with my shopping this morning and was told they were restricting people to one newspaper. I didn't argue as I guessed I could buy a couple more newspapers on the way home.

Athletic_fan
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Well I have been on a mission this morning.....
    Bought a Sun Morrisons £5 F&V voucher (it was as good as it sounded and needed no minimum spend as long as you reach £5 in fruit, veg or salad) and whizzed off to the big Morries a shortish drive away. Whilst there I saw loads of people wandering round the fresh section clutching their vouchers! Most were well dressed, well to do types - just shows that a bargain is a bargain whoever you are!:rotfl:

A lady (that worked there) I spoke to told me to buy another paper and use two vouchers - one at the self serve check out and one with a cashier - was doubtful but had a go and it worked! Loads of people were doing it too....

So for the grand total of £1.04 cash I bagged.....
    • 4 baking potatoes
    • bag of red onions
    • 3 large white onions
    • small bag of baby potatoes
    • pack of fresh beetroot
    • bag of baby spinach
    • half a cucumber
    • pack of pretrimmed runner beans
    • punnet of raspberries
    • punnet of green grapes
    • 3 mixed peppers
    I felt a bit guilty so in each of the two shops I added another item or two (bread, dog food, pine nuts, ham) - making my total spend £5.84:T (plus 80p for the 2 papers)

You can buy the vouchers today in the paper and spend them for the next couple of days so it may be worth doing that if you have a family to feed.

Just thought it may help someone.
  • embb
    embb Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up ill pick a couple up when im out today.

Love your bargains :money:
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My till lady was very helpful. She scanned the food then asked if I was aware of the voucher as if not I could nip and get a paper before paying. I told her I'd already got one, and she said she'd had a few people who weren't aware of the promotion who said not to bother when she mentioned it. Why would anyone say no to a free fiver if they were buying the food anyway? (Hillsborough aside.)
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    My till lady was very helpful. She scanned the food then asked if I was aware of the voucher as if not I could nip and get a paper before paying. I told her I'd already got one, and she said she'd had a few people who weren't aware of the promotion who said not to bother when she mentioned it. Why would anyone say no to a free fiver if they were buying the food anyway? (Hillsborough aside.)

The voucher is also in the Liverpool Echo for those Sun boycotters in Merseyside.
  • Always_after_a_bargin
    Options
    I Used three this morning, gave one each to hubby and daughter. Then I went in and used mine. Was there very early and was back home by 9.30.
    'There are far better things ahead Than any we leave behind '
  • dugsie
    dugsie Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    anyone know please if can use it in the little convenience morrisons shops?
  • Swampmonster
    Options
    Do the vouchers expire today?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills