We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

discharged bankrupt...help with getting a loan

Options
13»

Comments

• PixiePie
    PixiePie Posts: 875 Forumite
    Options
    I'm a tad confuzzled - if people have got extra to save whilst still in BR, then why isn't this taken by the OR for an IPA? Unless of course their excess is about £5K a month and then even with 75% of that taken, it's still a lot to be able to save each month.

I guess I'm just out of touch with wages - I didn't think a teacher was paid that badly, but methinketh that compared to the private sector it might suck when I hear about people being able to buy houses and things (I guess not being in heavy debt from the age of 18 helps with that though). (OH's wages aren't any help on that front - self employed and paying more tax than he should due to being pants at accounts himself (we now have an accountant!!), with approx. £100 wages :rolleyes: )
    Do not feed the trolls please.
  • uther_2
    uther_2 Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    All our money comes from benefits,so no IPA/O.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport