Mortgage application

Options
Can anyone help? I have just just got out of a debt recovery plan and I am now debt free. I have 2 defaults on my credit history and have a credit score of 840 with experian. I'm looking to go for a mortgage for £85000 and I have 10% (£8500), what are my chances?

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Do you mean a debt management plan?

When did you enter it?
    When are the defaults dated?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Elsmartbomb
    Options
    Yes debt managment plan, entered it about 3/4 years ago and my defaults where about 2 years ago
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Get all 3 credit reports (equifax/experian/noddle.co.uk) - down to a broker.

I think this will be hit and miss... leaning more towards the miss unless you can up your deposit to 15%. But depending on how it all appears on your reports there may be options.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,456 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I would say a definite miss unless you have at least a 15% deposit in which case you may have an option.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Elsmartbomb
    Options
    A family member is willing to top up my deposit so I have 20% (16,000) my although I'm self employed my current wage is great (est £60,000 before tax this tax year) do you think natwest (my bank who see my money go in my bank every week) would accept even with my default history, because I'm told if I apply and get rejected it will further more effect my credit history
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    NatWest will want;-

latest three months' personal bank statements
    plus
    latest three months' business bank statements
    plus
    latest two years' finalised accounts
    or
    last two years' HMRC SA302s

for an application above 75% loan to value.

No idea what stance it might take with adverse credit visible. On which version of your credit file is the adverse data visible?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Elsmartbomb
    Options
    On my experian it shows a halifax overdraft and halifax loan with a red default next to them but with a balance of £0 one default is 3 years old the other is two
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure