BR forms

Haitch33
Haitch33 Posts: 62 Forumite
edited 30 July 2014 at 10:44PM in Bankruptcy & living with it
The below are my figures from my BR forms.
Am I expected to pay the difference between 6.8 and 7.1 even though the other £970 is what my partner pays to the house and I use practically all I have.
The wording on the forms is confusing me. :(

6.3 £553 Maternity Allowance-take home pay
6.6 £82 Child Benefit
6.7 £970 other contributions from household members
6.8 £1605 total household income (all above added together)
7.1 £545 what I pay towards monthly outgoings

Comments

• egrescrimp
    egrescrimp Posts: 573 Forumite
    No it's not as cut and dry as that :)

Stick your figures in here http://www.stoozing.com/calculator/soa.php and then post the results, also search this forum for SOA's as theres lots of examples.
  • Haitch33
    Will the OR want to use my partners surplus income to pay towards my BR? My understanding was as the debt is only mine and nothing is joint it's nothing to do with him. Also the car is his, I don't even hold a license so they would make any ownership irrelevant in my BR?
  • egrescrimp
    egrescrimp Posts: 573 Forumite
    The OR would expect your partner to pay his share of the family expenditure, whatever he's got left after he's paid for anything like credit cards, loans etc in his name would be used in the household budget.

If the car is your husbands and he uses it, the OR will probably have no interest in it providing you haven't paid anything towards it. If you have, the OR may say they have an interest in it and may allow your husband to purchase that interest from the OR. If you haven't paid anything towards the purchase etc of the car, it would be fine :)
  • Haitch33
    Yeh he pays the lions share of the household budget as practically everything I have goes in-he pays the same and all the rest of the shortfall.
    I've never paid anything towards any vehicle and all my debt predates us being together with no joint bank accounts let alone joint debt.l
  • I would really urge you to get help from your local CAB office- they were brilliant with my BR
  • Haitch33
    I will contact them and see what advice they have to offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure