Wed 30th July - What small DFW things will you be doing today?

Options
2»

Comments

• allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Offer:

Body Shop Online. Free delivery on orders over £5 plus 35% off when you quote code 35OFFDEL. (The third character of the code is a letter O not a zero.)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • cocoloco
    cocoloco Posts: 589 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :jThanks Ally for a super savings deal on Body Shop!:j It's very tempting, must resist... :D

Extra bit of savings for today:

:starmod:Put together a tesco shop using coupons and deals and can get my £20 shop down to £14 and get an additional 155 points- without deals / coupons these would be over £35! I always bide my time and wait until an offer comes around to use with my coupons, often it works out super cheap or even free. I will be stoping at the shop after 2nd job tonight- at least it's quiet. ;)

:starmod:Also, its worth looking out for bargain food wherever you go
    - today I popped into the small garage with a Spar and got lots of YS food, like: 6 pinklady apples for 50p, 3 bags of baby potatoes for 96p and 3 peppers for 45p. Most people wouldn't really do a shop in a garage, therefore plenty of food getting reduced. Yay for YS food! :T
    :p "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS FREE FOOD" :p
    'They can have my money but not my life!'
    :eek: Debt & mortgage free in 18 years :eek:
  • gemnomnom
    gemnomnom Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning everyone, Hopefully today will be a productive day, as I have no mobile to distract as they are switched off die to numbers getting changed.

Ally – Thanks for starting the thread this morning. I'm fine thanks its my cat that not. He had disappeared for a few day but returned on Monday morning and I had to rush him through to the vets, as his jaw had dropped. He had bitten his tongue and it had become infected so due to his age and the level of infection the vet though it was best to end his suffering.

I am really sorry to hear that, it is such sad news. You do sound like you're coping better than I would though. Good luck with your busy day, hope you're okay.

In more sad news I finally (eighth time lucky) contacted the police, who rudely told me that the man who was found with my purse and other stolen belongings has been let go due to insufficient evidence. Sigh.

Me -

Done:
    * Make chicken drumstick casserole in the slow cooker, ready for 7:30 tonight. Oh my I started being able to smell it about an hour ago, YUM!!
    * Email new employers to see if they sent an email job offer, resend the email offer, double check my address, ask where is the replacement contract, and to confirm in writing my new job offer so I can give my notice in :D
    * Tidy up living room and rearrange some furniture, always fun
    * Give the guinea pigs lots of free range time. Clean out their cage
    * Find a mushroom casserole recipe to try in the slow cooker before Saturday

Now -
    * Get Vinted refunds
    * Listen to police voicemail again and note down the names & numbers that he mentioned
    * Complete MCOL form against old landlords
    * Check last couple of mobile phone bills, phone up and get wrong internet charges refunded
    * Dishes

But I do not feel like doing anything!
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your cat MinnieMousesMummy, sending hugs :(

I have finally had a non spend day, left mu purse at home to remove temptation!

Not done much else, can claim travel costs traveling to my new job and home again which is good!

Our transfers have been received by our solictor so hopefully things are going to moving quickly now!

Finally Hump day!
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • Puddylove
    Puddylove Posts: 507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have mended horse rugs that her fat belly has burst through.
    I am mending shirts so I can keep wearing them.
    Bought a skirt online which is too short, but I love the style, so I've taken the measurements of all the panels, and am going to make one (longer, obviously) out of my fabric store soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure