You need a budget (YNAB) advice thread

Options
1108109110111112114»

Comments

• copperclock
    Options
    Hi. Sorry. It's me again.

I have just set up yeah...It's seems great so far.

I have thought about linking my account to it but I'm a little unsure. Does anyone else do this and has their been any issues with security.

Sorry for all the questions.

It was my understanding that you can't link UK bank accounts to YNAB. I enter all my transactions manually.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ah, thank you copperclock.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • snowscreamer
    Options
    You can link American Express but not other UK banks or cards in my experience. However you can download statements in .ofx (Microsoft Money) or .qif (Quicken) format from online banking and drag in to import transactions. Much quicker than manual!
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • stinky_daddy
    stinky_daddy Posts: 449 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi All

must admit, I have fallen off the budgeting group news somewhat, so could I get an opinion on whether to update or continue with YNAB 4?

I know that the on-line version previously caused somewhat of a split between existing users (where some were adamant that they would not switch to the newer version, whilst others thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread)!!!!

I should stipulate that I am fine with the older version (although not too sure if / when support might run out for it - not that I have ever needed their assistance - just asked on here and someone answered my query)?

I assume it is easy to migrate previous data rather than have to start it all again) if the general consensus is that I should move?

Lastly - I have found several groups on FB for YNAB - is anyone a member of these at all (and if so which one(s)?

TIA

ukd
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    ...and then it hits me
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Jesus loves you...A nice thing to hear in church, but a horrible thing to hear in a Mexican prison
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi All

must admit, I have fallen off the budgeting group news somewhat, so could I get an opinion on whether to update or continue with YNAB 4?

Lastly - I have found several groups on FB for YNAB - is anyone a member of these at all (and if so which one(s)?

TIA

ukd

I'm still happy with Ynab4 and see no reason to update to the online version.

I am on the following facebook ynab group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/YNABFans/

I am also still on the original Ynab forum - I don't find the new one easy to use

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Migrating data is fairly easy, especially if you haven't used the red arrow (shifting overspends in a category to the next month in that category).

I'm sticking with 4 for now...it works, and it's paid for. :) I've thought about migrating a few times, but never find a compelling reason to do so.
  • Brookside88
    Options
    Hi, hoping somebody can advise on this. I signed up for my free trial yesterday (via my google account) and having played around with it, i'm fairly confident i'll subscribe. It's not clear through exactly how much it'll cost (in GBP) and whether they will automatically charge if I don't cancel or if I have to subscribe manually. Also, do they offer a monthly payment rather than payment in full?

Many thanks
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    Hi,

YNAB is billed annually in dollars. There is no option to pay monthly.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Brunette84
    Options
    Hiya, I'm in Scotland and it takes £4.60 from my bank account each month so yes that option is available :) Id be lost without it now.
    Debts

Very - £600 BNPL June 2019
    MBNA - £3975 0% Dec 2020
    Barclaycard - £3680 0% January 2021
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Brunette84 wrote: »
    Hiya, I'm in Scotland and it takes £4.60 from my bank account each month so yes that option is available :) Id be lost without it now.

I think they changed the billing options, the website now only lists $83.99/yr as the payment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure