Need to pay Council if in CofE church?

Do I need to get a marriage licence from the local Council if I am getting married in a Church of England church, or is this covered by the church's fee?


  • TashatutuwTashatutuw Forumite
    233 Posts
    I asked this last week! No you don't, because CofE read your bans you don't need to contact the Registrars at all, the Reverend acts in place of a Registrar.

    :j Married to the Love of my Life 02.08.2014 - Now I'm Mrs E :j

    "You shall not be tested with more than you can tolerate even if you don't know it at the time"

    14 Projects in 2014 - 7/14 (not quite so optimistic!) :o
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Martin and MSE campaign win

April's 20% energy price guarantee hike postponed

MSE News

Childcare budget boost

More support for children from nine months and those on Universal Credit

MSE News

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools