I have enough shoes - said no woman, ever!

Options
Not posted for a while but always end up back here when I need to re-focus ;)

I've had a busy few months at work, which is going really well, a fab weeks holiday in Spain, ran Race for Life and done some fun social things. Money is ok but diet and fitness have taken a bit of a back seat. - hence time to re-focus

Money

My salary allows me a bit more freedom now but I am aware that I'm not really focussing on paying off debts. My plan is to put nothing on credit cards and focus on paying off one card at a time - first one in my signature. I've paid off my Frasercard, it never had a big balance but I've had it for about 15 years so I am proud to have cleared it. I also have Christmas and holiday savings pots (although I've recently emptied the holiday one!)

Diet and fitness

I'm back to dieting and have lost 3lbs this week. My first target is 10st 8lbs which is the weight I got down to last summer, so 7lbs to go to that target. I am trying to eat sensibly, cut the snacking and treats and I am going to try chromium tablets as they are supposed to help control blood sugar and curb sugar cravings. I want to focus on improving my running and have gone back to the 10k trainer app, working towards running a 10k race in November. I also aim to do a Body Pump class a week - I did my first one in ages this morning

So there's two big areas to focus on. I also want to get more organised generally, do plenty of beauty stuff and maybe some decorating in my apartment. Obviously all this has to happen alongside my social life which I really value - and I feel ready for some romance too :p
Sometimes it's hard to walk in a single woman's shoes - that's why we need really special ones!
Total debt @ Oct 2008: £29,226.42 Credit Card- £[STRIKE]7493.56[/STRIKE] - £7243.56
Weightloss : 0/34lbs

Comments

• MrsSmith2013
    Options
    Hi Shoegal, just read through your diary, you sound like you have a good plan! I'll look forward to following your progress and cheering you on.... *subscribes*

Mrs S x
    1st Jan 2014 £20,600 / 1st Jan 2015 £15,572.90
    **Feeling Hopeful that 2015 will be our Debt Free Year**
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Buffythedebtslayer Posts: 18,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 July 2014 at 6:27PM
    Options
    Hello :) XXX

plan to tackle to one card at a time looks good x

My latest shoe purchase, red patent wedges....

I am still fat and in debt! and really should be in bed. Just had to say I am glad to see you back :)

XXXXXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You made me laugh at you title. I have less than a dozen pairs of shoes. And that includes boots for winter, and trainers! As I live most of my life in trousers, I just put trainers on the feet.....I am sure you are horrified!!!!!

Good luck with your goals
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • lulabelle
    lulabelle Posts: 944 Forumite
    Options
    Subscribing shoe gal. I'm also training towards first 10k and trying to lose weight. Am also thinking (again!) of relocating back to uk so time to really focus now and save every possible penny!
    I want to be a writer
  • Shoe_Gal
    Shoe_Gal Posts: 7,235 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks guys :A
    Sometimes it's hard to walk in a single woman's shoes - that's why we need really special ones!
    Total debt @ Oct 2008: £29,226.42 Credit Card- £[STRIKE]7493.56[/STRIKE] - £7243.56
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I luurrvves shoes, which is ironic as I tend to stck to one or two pairs that I actually wear (and have about 40 pairs in the cupboard)
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • Maryland_Cookie
    Options
    Loving the happy, shiny shoe fest diary! I'm a late starter into shoes, bags and scarves etc, but sadly getting more into them lol!! Most recent pair a beige, suede effect wedge from Newlook for a bargainlicious £9.00 they'll go with all sorts ..........
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Loving your new diary's tittle!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Shoe_Gal
    Options
    Busy couple of days at work but have managed a 3k run tonight, and eating has been good too. Less so yesterday as I was at a friends for drinks and nibbles - who goes out on a Monday! ;)
  • Shoe_Gal
    Options
    Ended up being a very busy week at work and I worked my planned two days off :(. Dieting and exercise pretty much went out of the window and I've actually put weight back on :o

Lunch with an ex yesterday which was lovely but not sure it will go any further - maybe too much baggage? As readers of the lovely Buffy's diary say - an ex is an ex for a reason

I've downloaded free trials of Netflix and Amazon streaming so an evening of trashy American TV last night :eek:

I plan to run today, and have some errands to do before Sunday lunch at my Mum's :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport