CCJ;s and BR

Options
I got a letter today saying the paper work was being prepared for a CCJ against me.
If i get the CCJ, do i ignore it as my date for BR court is 14th August? which would come up first, the court visit for CCJ or my BR court? How long do it take to prepare a CCJ?
Sorry lots of little questions, but thanks in advance for replies:o
The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    If you receive a County Court Claim form, then apparently you have 16 days to respond, but this can be extended to 30 days if you acknowledge receipt of the forms.

See for details: http://www.payplan.com/debt-library/court-orders-county-court-summons.php

If your BR date is the 14th then you have nothing to worry about anyway. Plus even if a CCJ was obtained the BR will wipe it out.

Also this is most likely a scare tactic by creditors anyway, so may never happen.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • betterlatethannever
    Options
    Thanks Fermi, ive had quite a few 'scare tactics' in the last few days, really nasty letters and calls. Suppose its to be expected.
    Thanks for the advice
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    If you get anything that appears really scary, then as well as asking somewhere like here try somewhere like National Debtline. They will give you expert advice on how to respond and how much time you have.

But as I said, as far as I can see there is nothing at all they can do now that will either get through before the BR or won't be wiped out by it.

Don't the b@stards frighten you.:D
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure