We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
choosing my own pension plan with company scheme
huwy123
Posts: 151 Forumite
hi there,
I have just been looking at the performance of a personal pension of mine and my company scheme. My personal pension has vastly outperformed my companies scheme.
I was wondering if I can ask for my monthly pension payments (i.e. the amount taken from my pay AND the company contribution) to be put into my private plan.
Before I asked (and possibly upset some people) I wanted to know if this is possible and/or common.
Cheers for any advice,
Huw
I have just been looking at the performance of a personal pension of mine and my company scheme. My personal pension has vastly outperformed my companies scheme.
I was wondering if I can ask for my monthly pension payments (i.e. the amount taken from my pay AND the company contribution) to be put into my private plan.
Before I asked (and possibly upset some people) I wanted to know if this is possible and/or common.
Cheers for any advice,
Huw
0
Comments
-
The short answer is that it would be extremely unlikely. Normally companies won't allow this.Stephen Covey once said that "when you teach once, you learn twice". That is the primary reason for my participation on the forums as an IFA.
Although I strive to provide accurate information in my posts, there may be the odd time when I fail. Yes I know it's hard to believe but even Your Hero can make mistakes. Apologies in advance.0 -
Its possible, but, unless you're very important to them why would they want the admin overhead?
Can you select different funds in the company scheme?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards