iSoftStone

Options

Comments

• Juls_Devon
    Options
    Are you still working for them?
  • XpNdbLmStRsS
    Options
    Not sure if any of you are still using this thread but I have some questions about ISS and am in desperate need of some help if anyone is. I have done small projects for them over the past 2 years but never a long term project. I have also worked for Appen in the past as a WSE and then a very short one week on their ad rating project. I passed the test for that, did one week of work before they no longer had hits in their system. This went on for 3 more weeks where I had no more work and then suddenly I was let go. Found out from another forum the same happened to all the people they hired around the same time as me. Worst thing was with the WSE project I was an independent contractor and with the Ad evaluator job I was hired as a paid employee. I recently was offered a position as an independent contractor with ISS for their ad rating project. I was thrilled since I had good experience in the past with them. I signed the NDA and almost 2 weeks later I was sent the guidelines and was told to do the training questions in UHRS after which would take about 3 days. The guidelines were so much better with ISS than Appen and I really felt like I was understanding everything well. The training questions it appears as if I didn't do the greatest on them but I had an issue where 23 of the ads had no images with the ads and according to guidelines we're to rate them as broken which I did but I was marked wrong on the judgements and the comments with them made it seem as if there were pictures when there were not. I brought this to the attention of the PM. When I subtracted those from the ones I missed I ended up with about an 83% on training which was really good I thought. Well when I had emailed my PM to let him know about the issues with training I had also explained to him that I was slightly confused about a few things and asked him to please give me some clarification on those things. Well yesterday he emailed me back and stated that he would get to those questions when he had more time and instead sent me my test to work on. I thought this was really unfair that I wasn't able to get any of my questions answered before the test. How was I to improve on the things I was getting wrong with out any feedback what so ever. Well I took the test and needed a 73% to pass and ended up with a 68%. There were 25 ads on this test to rate and on every one I put an explanation as to why I was rating them this way hoping that if I had any issues he could explain to me why I was getting them wrong. Well when he emailed me to tell me I didn't pass he said that he couldn't go over the ones I missed and tell me what I was doing wrong yet because the test was still live. He stated that he would be sending me another test to take to get a second chance to pass and be placed into productions. I'm very disheartened over not passing that test. I've been doing work similar to this for the last few years and this is the first time I have failed a test. The test for the Appen ad rating job I thought was much harder (and much longer) and the guidelines just didn't make sense half the time yet I passed that. I'm not sure how soon my PM will be sending the new test but I'm desperate to find anyone who has done this project with ISS or is doing it currently that could help me with the questions I'm having about the rating and maybe clear up some confusion I have. I know if I could just get some help with the things I'm not so clear on that I will do great at this. I'm desperate to pass this as I need this position so badly. I suffer from horrible anxiety to the point I can not leave my home and my fiance is disabled so I'm the only one who can provide for my family. The only income we currently have is his disability check which does not go far when you have children. If anyone could please help me out with this I would be forever grateful. I've been trying to find another ad rating job for over a year now and when I saw the invite for this one I was over the moon with joy. Now to have it be slipping away, it's just to much to handle. I'm not asking for answers to any test questions. Just clarifications on the things I may be confused on or not understanding as well. I'm expecting the next test either sometime today or tomorrow so I need replies quick. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!
  • MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is there no tasks for everyone else today? :mad:
  • extraJam
    extraJam Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    Looks to me like W5 is going to be phased out and replaced with this. Kinda feels like they've taken some tips from the other client, but because of that I feel that rating is going to be much slower (far more twiddly bits to fiddle with now vs just one option in W5!) so their target rate seems a bit pie in the sky!
  • extraJam
    Options
    Yeah the RPH is still way below for me too unless I absolutely work flat out which is clearly not sustainable for any length of time. At the least we need some shortcuts and ditch the hashtag thing, it's just far too much stuff for each page. Or bring the RPH more in line with what the other company asks for this type of task, like 60...
  • marcolizi
    marcolizi Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Guys, have you received the payment this month?? Thanks
  • Simulacraton
    Simulacraton Posts: 91 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 June 2019 at 11:04AM
    Options
    I've just done the 51 question set. It was, putting it politely, very hard to understand as the sounds bytes were short and out of context. Also, there were several which were contradictory to the guidelines. Most odd...

** EDIT **
    Seems I somehow missed that there was more information to listen to in the right hand section! Much easier now, still tricky though!
  • Simulacraton
    Options
    Any idea on the ETA of the next project?
  • extraJam
    Options
    I worked for ABH too, tbh maybe it was just the specific time I was involved but as I recall they ran us into the ground with their robotic attitude, micromanagement and metric obsession and that's when several of us moved to ISS. The pay was basically the same because the exchange rate was very different back then.

ISS for a long time have been better to work for IMO because they're so much more laid back, but it seems like that laid back attitude has become sheer apathy. I mean, of course FN/W5 judges are going to default to what they know given that OneDCG has the same rating scale and has a similar purpose, but they could've easily solved that by giving a qualification test and some feedback instead of just throwing us at the task and acting like it wasn't important.
  • marcolizi
    Options
    hello guys, is there anyone in the Italian market ?? Do you have Hits to work you ?? thank you
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback