Apprentice Disregard Reclaim

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaiming Mortgage Fees, Council Tax, etc
2 replies 1.1K views
Zslater1Zslater1 Forumite
2 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm an apprentice and have lived alone for about 2 years now, I moved from my old place to a new one and when I was organising council tax with my new council they informed me I was entitled to a 25% disregard discount as I was an apprentice, so I thought it would be a good idea to speak to my old council and see if I can get the money back I overpaid.

I rang them and they told me to send an email with all my proof, new address, new council etc and it would take about three-four weeks to process. I sent the email in on the day and waited four weeks and still hadn't heard anything, so I rang them up and they said it hadn't been processed yet, they said I'd receive a letter in a few days. I waited until the next week and now they're saying it's in "someone's" tray.

I'm getting a bit frustrated now to be honest, is there anything I can do or entitled to or do I just have to grin and bear it?

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    107.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You wait. Councils do not work quickly on historical things.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Zslater1Zslater1 Forumite
    2 Posts
    I thought that might be the case :/ thanks anyway!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals