PPI on Mortgage payments

2»

Replies

• -taff wrote: »
    Again, is that a one off yearly payment or a monthly payment on every statement?
    It was a yearly payment.
  • krisdorey wrote: »
    Its not "money back".

Its about people being mis-sold PPI, a complaint is a raised about why the PPI is mis-sold (simply having it isn't enough) and a decision is made based on the merits of the complaint.

Very few mortgage PPI complaints are upheld and for good reason, missing payments (i.e. without the protection of PPI) in a mortgage is a life changer in that you would lose your home. Therefore most people would be encouraged to take PPI on a mortgage and this wouldn't be out of the ordinary.

Why do you feel you were mis-sold MPPI?

Sorry I meant mis-sold.
    I don't fully understand about about PPI and CCP. I was unsure if my PPI payments came under the mis-sold category.
  • -taff-taff Forumite
    12.9K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you were sold CPP and were missold, you should begetting a letter ot say so. If you haven't, get in touch and complain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    -taff wrote: »
    If you were sold CPP and were missold, you should begetting a letter ot say so.
    Only CPP policies sold or renewed after 2005 qualify for the refund scheme, so not everyone with CPP will receive a letter.

Those who don't receive a letter (other than in error) have to complain direct to the bank which sold it to them.
  • Only CPP policies sold or renewed after 2005 qualify for the refund scheme, so not everyone with CPP will receive a letter.

Those who don't receive a letter (other than in error) have to complain direct to the bank which sold it to them.

I was sold CPP in 2007 and I think I may have thrown the letter away.
    When it came up for renewal last year I canceled it.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides