Ever wondered if prizes never arrive?

I was wondering this the other day. The prizes that get sent out unnanounced (those which surprise us)
First of all not accusing delivery people. Just curious wondering about prizes that never arrive, that we never knew we had even won.

There's probably a big lock up in Shrewsbury (no idea why said Shrewsbury don't even live near there) with prizes for each of us :rotfl::rotfl:

Comments

• nelie
    nelie Posts: 1,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Nooo! How could you say this! Now I'm thinking about all these prizes i have never received!
    December Wins: £300 worth of board games, £500 Tesco Vouchers Best Win in 2023: £500 Tesco Vouchers
  • gholmes724
    gholmes724 Posts: 661 Forumite
    This has crossed my mind from time to time given the chasing you have to do for those you know about.

Best not to think about it.
  • StrayCat
    StrayCat Posts: 551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker
    I wonder this too, I also wonder how many WEMs I've accidenttly deleted ....
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
  • I wonder this as the front door to my block of flats is really hard to find and it took me several stern emails to Yodel to get them to believe me that I lived where I said I did and my address did in fact exist!! Couriers are just useless at taking the initiative and finding us (generally) and hardly ever leave a card so I don't doubt I'll have had stuff returned to sender that I didn't even know about... :(
  • velocity_girl
    velocity_girl Posts: 963 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I think about this all the time as there's no one in my flat 8.30am to at least 6pm every day. I live in a flat with secure entry so if the courier comes and physically can't leave a card as there's no one home to let them in to the building, I'll never know. :-/
    2018 wins: Aspinal of London jewellery box, Boudavida gym outfit, HP Pavilion laptop, The List party tickets, All Points East festival tickets, Kiehls moisturiser, By Terry cc serum, Nars Liquid Bronzer, Benefit highlighter, Nars illuminator, Fresh advanced lip trio set, Cetaphil sample set, signed copy of My Absolute Darling by Gabriel Tallent
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    When a mystery parcel / package turns-up I try to look like I'm expecting it! :rotfl:

Scary thought that something mysterious doesn't come :eek:

(BUT how would the operative know you wasn't expecting it anyway?)
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Of the wins you don't know about there are probably far more where the prize never gets sent out than there are ones where the prize gets sent but then lost in transit.
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    id rather not know
    What goes around-comes around
  • Autumnella
    Autumnella Posts: 605 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I wonder about this too. Especially as the postman put parcels in the bin if we're not in. I wonder what would happen if my boyfriend took out a bag of rubbish and dumped it on top of the prize and it's gone forever. Then I remind myself that there's fat chance of him taking the rubbish out so thst would never happen!
    Make £10 per day-
    June: £100/£300
  • topaz13
    topaz13 Posts: 157 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I had an unannounced prize left in a recycling bin by the postie while we where on holiday. Came back to a card through the door and an empty recycling bin. I never did find out what it was.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure