Fao Ladies - Hair & excercise

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
8 replies 1.7K views
rainbowfairydustrainbowfairydust Forumite
16.4K Posts
10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
Prob a daft question but i dont really like to wash my hair every day - 1 - because its a faff blow drying it/straightening it and 2 - because i think its better not to wash every day (to not eliminate all natural oils etc ) so was just wondering what the other ladies who do regular excercise do about washing their hair?

Do you wash each time you excercise? If so do you use a specfic shampoo? or do you use the dry shampoo? At the moment i am not keen on doing the latter because my hair is wet from sweating so much.
Sleazy wrote: »
I like RainbowFairyDust .....

RFD for president .... Ra! Ra! Ra! :j

Undergrad degree - completed 2018
Masters degree - completed 2019

Replies

• poppy_f1poppy_f1 Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    i dont wash all the time, i use dry shampoo a lot of the time but blow dry the sweaty bits
  • littlegreenparrotlittlegreenparrot Forumite
    432 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I swim or run before work.
    Hair gets washed on swim days, run days I just use dry shampoo. Its a lot less faff.
    Could you try a quick blast with the hairdryer/towel before the dry shampoo if you think your hairs to wet for it?
  • Dry shampoo is a godsend. If I wash my hair every single day a) it goes incredibly frizzy and horrible even with products b) I have red hair so makes it fade ten times faster c) I don't think I even have the time to wash it every day.

I just try to keep my fringe out of my face and off my forehead as that's the worst bit - gappy sweaty fringe is a big no no.
    Does the walker choose the path or the path the walker?

Lift heavy & squat deep.
  • cazscazs Forumite
    523 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I go to the gym every day, sometimes more than once a day nd always shampoo and condition it afterwards. I couldn't bear the idea of not doing this after and having sweaty hair all day. Yes it takes time and the drying and straightening as well but I would feel mighty unpleasant not doing it and I don't think dry shampoo is proper cleaning. If you worry about oils, I run L'oreal oil through my hair after washing. When I had my hair coloured recently I asked my hairdresser if my hair was showing the toll and she said not so I don't think you need fret too much.
  • WantToBeSEWantToBeSE Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    cazs wrote: »
    I go to the gym every day, sometimes more than once a day nd always shampoo and condition it afterwards. I couldn't bear the idea of not doing this after and having sweaty hair all day. Yes it takes time and the drying and straightening as well but I would feel mighty unpleasant not doing it and I don't think dry shampoo is proper cleaning. If you worry about oils, I run L'oreal oil through my hair after washing. When I had my hair coloured recently I asked my hairdresser if my hair was showing the toll and she said not so I don't think you need fret too much.

I go to the gym 4x a week and swimming normally twice a week. I always wash my hair after each time. I have really oily hair anyway, so washing it almost everyday with a oily hair shampoo makes it look really nice :)
  • No. I wash my hair every other day, dont think its good for the hair to be washed daily, just my personal preference.
  • rainbowfairydustrainbowfairydust Forumite
    16.4K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep forgetting to respond to people who replied :o. Sorry about that. I have ended up buying some all in one shampoo/conditioner. It is a bit of nuisance having to wash it every day but i feel better knowing that my hair is fresh.
    Sleazy wrote: »
    I like RainbowFairyDust .....

RFD for president .... Ra! Ra! Ra! :j

Undergrad degree - completed 2018
    Masters degree - completed 2019
  • YORKSHIRELASSYORKSHIRELASS Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh try having a chin length layered bob, wearing a cycling helmet, then getting all sweaty and taking the helmet off. Instant hair disaster! I am starting to think about growing it longer so I can put it up.

I have to wash mine after sport, its all in my head but I just feel fresher if I have washed my hair. Mind you, if it was longer it might be more hassle ...
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals