Terramundi question.....

Options
..... can u get the dosh out other than smashing it? I really want one coz I think they're gorgeous (gonna treat myself to one for my £2s when/if the elec money comes in) BUT I'm only gonna geto ne if I'm 100% sure that OH can't get into it - my £2's have a habit of disappearing when he knows where they are!!!

Sarah x
'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde

Comments

• sammy115
    sammy115 Posts: 15,267 Forumite
    Options
    Whats a terramundi?
    Quality is doing something right when no one is looking - Henry Ford
  • moneymaker2
    moneymaker2 Posts: 449 Forumite
    Options
    The only way I have managed before is by sticking a knife in the slot, but that'll take ages. sort of that I think the only thing you can do is smash it. Unless your OH is goods at diy and can create a hole in the bottom to kind of make it into a ''piggy bank''

Laura
  • Garnet_Gem
    Garnet_Gem Posts: 681 Forumite
    Options
    It's a pot for saving money in. Once you've filled it you're meant to smash it so that it brings you good luck. I don't know if you can get money out without breaking it up. Sarah - maybe you should keep the pot and change your OH!!!!!
  • xgingerx
    xgingerx Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    P16-Nt_P16-N.jpg
    just googled it, lots of designs, money box

never heard of it before !! might get one

www.terramundi.co.uk

this isnt spam :) lol
    Dmp Mutual Support thread member No 82
  • sammy115
    sammy115 Posts: 15,267 Forumite
    Options
    just looked, I want one! Where can i get one....
    Quality is doing something right when no one is looking - Henry Ford
  • xgingerx
    xgingerx Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Once the first coin is dropped the money pot must be fed until full upon which time it must be smashed whilst making a wish. It is customary to replace the pot and spend the money on 'good things', they bring good fortune.

Money pots are sometimes used to house a candle or a plant once smashed. The best way to break your money pot is to get a chisel or the back of a hammer and place it inside the money slot - slowly lever the top and you should be able to pop the top off - you can now use the money pots to house a plant, sweets or pens.
    Dmp Mutual Support thread member No 82
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    I have one & its nearly full! Its money I'm saving for my size 12 mortgage but I now have a dilemma as just switched to full one account mortgage and if I pay the money in (£2 & £1 coins so 300+!) in the interim I'll be saving money on interest! ummmm Mind you they are expensive (about 17) & I'll be gutted to break it & £2 are a mare to get out (even if you can!) they are curved so hard to manouvre!! I am thinking of sawing the top off, gluing it back togeather and sanding it & repainting it but not sure interest wise its a good idea to have that much money in a jar when it could be working for me!!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• zebidee1
    zebidee1 Posts: 991 Forumite
    Options
    I used a hole cutter (like the kind of thing a plumber would use to cut a hole in the wall to pass a pipe through) on the bottom of mine. I had intended putting in a rubber stopper like you get with piggy banks.

It worked ok but chipped a lot of the paint off. With hindsight I wished I'd put tape or something over the bottom first to try to help stop it chipping.

I never did get a stopper for it either, but it still looks fine sat collecting dust on the shelf. :D
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    sammy115 wrote: »
    just looked, I want one! Where can i get one....

sammy you can get some on ebay as well as the website above :D
  • angie_baby
    angie_baby Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i have managed to get money out using tweezers before, as someone has said though, it takes bloody ages!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure