We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
ING Direct to Barclays move
krissy08
Posts: 389 Forumite
Hello People,
I know there are many smart people on here. My ING direct mortgage is moving to Barclays this summer after the take over. I have received numerous letters but have just spotted this in one of the booklets:
Interest will still be calculated daily but added on the first day of the month, rather than the last.
We have been told several times, nothing in our terms and conditions will be changing.
I wondered about this seemingly minor change though and on contacting them was told I wont be paying any more interest due to this and that it makes no difference at all. Is this true?
Many thanks
I know there are many smart people on here. My ING direct mortgage is moving to Barclays this summer after the take over. I have received numerous letters but have just spotted this in one of the booklets:
Interest will still be calculated daily but added on the first day of the month, rather than the last.
We have been told several times, nothing in our terms and conditions will be changing.
I wondered about this seemingly minor change though and on contacting them was told I wont be paying any more interest due to this and that it makes no difference at all. Is this true?
Many thanks
0
Comments
-
Standard method of calculating and being charged interest. Nothing untoward in this.0
-
Much appreciated.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards