PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Snack ideas...

Options
I need some ideas of things to have in the cupboard/fridge that can sit happily until wanted as a quick snack. Suitable for adults and a dd aged 6. I'm a SW member so needs to be relatively healthy.
In the winter I tend to go for things like mug shots, but I'm not really in the mood for those atm.
I don't mind making things at the weekend if they will last through the week, or buying things if not too expensive.
We always have fruit and yogurt, but sometimes I just want something else...
Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Carrot sticks and houmous
    Cucumber sticks/chunks with cheap Greek yoghurt
    Thai rice cracker discs (39p for around 30 1 and a 1/2 inch diameter ones from Home Bargains)
    Philadelphia cheese, water crackers and ketchup (sounds weird, tastes yum!)
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ryvita

Breadsticks

It's the crunch I need for snacks
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,619 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    There are a lot of snack ideas in the July SW magazine - I've just made the herby couscous & chickpea salad for lunches for the next couple of days (had to use bulgar wheat as run out of couscous!). Just added some chopped mint & coriander, tin chickpeas, chopped cucumber, red pepper & onion - didn't follow the recipe exactly as didn't have everything in! But you can add anything you like to couscous or bulgar wheat.

Denise
  • MaddyWaddy
    MaddyWaddy Posts: 174 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ryvita minis are good and a HeB, mini cheese nibbles HeA, Jelly.

What about some home made desserts with fruit,yogurt and museli type thing?

My treat is kinda bars at 3.5 syns.

There is a recipe that can be adapted for thinks hobnobs that can be HeB plus syns - I can post that if you like?
    SW member: 09/01/2014
    Weight lost to date: 10lb
    Easter Challenge: 0/14lb
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,619 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    MaddyWaddy wrote: »
    There is a recipe that can be adapted for thinks hobnobs that can be HeB plus syns - I can post that if you like?

MaddyWaddy - I'd be interested in the recipe please, as I also do SW and it's good to have different HEB ideas, particularly when I'm doing Red or Green days and get the extra one!

Denise
  • Auntie_Sceb
    Auntie_Sceb Posts: 161 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Piccolo tomatoes - yum cheaper but not as nice cherry tomatoes. What about freezing fruit/juice/yoghurt into ice lollies makes it a bit different.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,678 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I do SW and I like things like HM frittata or that curry cake (made with Batchelors rice and dahl) or tikka chicken pieces or ham is good for picking at. Or prepared fruit like cut up melon or pineapple or I sometimes chop an apple into a small bowl of cottage cheese or cottage cheese and celery. I also like eating baby beetroot or cornichons (often straight from the jar:o) or cold new potatoes or hard boiled eggs or cold sausages. For the DD I'd just stick to a fruit bowl and the occasional biscuit.

And we all know that it's better still not to snack!;):rotfl:
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nigellas breakfast bars. Although not sw they are filling. Also what about some recipes that use breakfast cereals they can be adapted to fit in with sw.
  • crumblepie
    crumblepie Posts: 424 Forumite
    Options
    Maddywaddy - I'd be interested in the recipe too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure