PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Oven to microwave convection....

Options
Hi all, just purchased a new Panasonic microwave that has a convection oven feature - this is new to me and I'm not sure how it works, but it seems it can replace a whole oven? Is there an easy way to convert oven times and temps to ones that will work in the microwave?

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,619 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    If you're using it as a conventional oven then temps and timings are similar to a standard oven.

Denise
  • rendez2k
    rendez2k Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok! Does anyone know if it's a cost saving to use it instead of an oven? And I assume it would be fan oven temps and times?
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have had one of these for about eight years or so and I was the best purchase ever. I never use my oven except at Christmas maybe or if I am cooking a really big roast. Sometimes I might have to use the oven because I have too many dishes needing different timings but I think I have only used my big oven once since I moved in here in October last year. I do think if I had a double oven I might use the smaller one more often, but as a rule of thumb my combi is used 99% of the time. There are loads you can do with it but I have never quite got on top of it. By the time I retire and can make the time I will probably need a new one!
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills