Cat gone missing :( Update - He's back :) :) :)

edited 1 June 2014 at 1:29PM in Pets & Pet Care
27 replies 2K views
Better_DaysBetter_Days Forumite
2.7K Posts
I've been Money Tipped!
edited 1 June 2014 at 1:29PM in Pets & Pet Care
Not seen since yesterday afternoon :(:(:(

Nelson is usually only out for a couple of hours at most and has never been out at night. My husband has been round to as many of the neighbours as he could find in and asked them to check sheds and garages. We have put up posters in the villages. I have registered with Animal search uk and Pets Located. Rung up the local rescues and vets. I have updated him as missing on his microchip record.

Can you send some positive thoughts for Nelson to come home? His brother is very subdued (we got them as kittens and they are now 2 and a half). This is the boys at about 14 weeks, Nelson is the black one. The house just isn't the same without his furry spirit flitting around.
DSCN4230_zps47cfe905.jpg
It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
James Douglas

Replies

• mrcowmrcow Forumite
    15.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope he comes home soon.

If it helps, my sister's cat went missing a few weeks back and was gone for days. We really started to give up. He turned up about 6 days later - we think he was in someone's shed.
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • littleredhenlittleredhen Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sending you positive vibes
    Our cat disappeared a few years ago
    We found her after two days, locked in next door, they had gone away for the weekend and she had dashed in while they were packing the car
    We fed her through the letterbox until they got,home
    She had slept on their bed and done a poo in the sink:eek:
    Could have been worse she could have pooed in the bed!!!
    Wishing him home x
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.:o

A winner listens, a loser just waits until it is their turn to talk:)
  • baxiebaxie Forumite
    197 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Hope you find him soon. They look so much like my two when they were young.
  • Better_DaysBetter_Days Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Thanks for telling me about returning kitties mrcow and littleredhen. It does help. Thanks baxie for your good wishes.

I'm worried sick about him. He's such a small little cat he doesn't have much in the way of fat to keep him going.....

One of the rescue places I rang was rather dismissive saying it was really early days, as he only went missing yesterday........but this is so out of character for Nelson I know something is preventing him coming home. He likes his food and comfy bed far too much.

On the plus side we live in a small village where everyone seems to know everyone one way or another, so hopefully someone will spot him or find him in their shed and let us know. We are going to leaflet the neighbourhood tomorrow.
    It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
    James Douglas
  • pink_princesspink_princess Forumite
    13.6K Posts
    Have you put it on lost box? I read that twitter feed all the time and they have great success, best of luck x
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • Hello Op ,
    As a person owned by a cat I understand what you must be feeling.
    My neighbour (also owned by a cat ) had her big dust cat go AWOL, searching produced nothing , same as calling his name , however, she made a small fish stew , his favourite and went around the neighbour hood and it brought him out , might be worth a shot ?
    Big hug ready for kitty kisses xx
    mum "e" to the most perfect girl :Awho stood by me through it all nana to my beautiful grandson WLM 27.09.13:j
    mother of the bride September 2014 :love:
    Turning a house into a home :o
    What if the Hokey Cokey is really what it's all about ?
  • scaredy_catscaredy_cat Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    My Giz has a habit of going walkabout for 24-48 hrs, the first time i was really anxious but now not so much (still a little bit but don't tell him!)

He returns about 1-2am , really hungry then stays close for the next few days. This is always in the nice weather.

One of my past cats got shut in neighbours garages - one was when they had gone away but luckily the garage was open so i could open it a little and let her out!

When it's dark, you could call him and shake a box of cat biscuits - the sound will travel more in the night quiet.

i'm sure he will return home.
    Cats don't have owners - they have staff!! :D:p
    DFW Long Hauler Supporter No 150

• Better_DaysBetter_Days Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Thanks for the suggestion pink princess, not heard of Lost Box before but will register and give it a try. It's just a matter of getting the word about in the neigbourhood and every avenue is worth trying.

whichwhydoIturn glad to hear the fish stew worked! Now thinking - do we have any tins of pilchards in the cupboard??????

scaredy_cat we keep the cat kibble in a tin which makes a distinctive noise so I will go out later with that shaking it like 'mad cat woman' - it's very quiet round here anyway so half the village will probably hear me :)

It's really helpful to try things out rather than sitting around worrying - at least I know we have tried everything we (and all of you too) could think of.
    James Douglas
  • edited 1 June 2014 at 1:32PM
    PasturesNewPasturesNew Forumite
    70.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 June 2014 at 1:32PM
    OP, my thoughts are with your kitty's safe return.

I'm sure he'll turn up ... he's probably out getting some "weekend fun" :)
  • marlucmarluc Forumite
    160 Posts
    Hi
    We know how u feel. Our very spoilt cat went missing for 11 days. We went everywhere looking for him. He was found in a neighbour's shed. Hope you find!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides