PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

dehydrator didnt work so manic cake baking session

Options
Hi guys

Well got a new dehydration from Lakeland so I cut up all the cherries, bananas and pineapple I had up and filled it ... plugged it in and nothing !!
I was so mad ... not only did I not get my lovely healthy dried fruit snacks, I now have purple diners from the cherries and a load of chopped up fruit and I'm put for 2 days ....

So decided to have a cake baking session with the fruit at 9 tonight ... just finished and have 5 cakes .... worst bit is they smell lovely but I'm on a diet (hence the dried healthy fruit snacks) :(

I'm now popular with my parents kids and grandparents .... just couldn't let the fruit go to waste though

Lisa
DFW
January £0/£11,100

NSD
January 1/31

Comments

• nuatha
    nuatha Posts: 1,932 Forumite
    Options
    If its any consolation, drying fruit does not make it a "healthy" snack - it concentrates the sugars and there's already people saying we need to eat more veg than fruit.
    (It also concentrates the flavours and makes them even more edible and enjoyable)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure