Gaints Causeway parking

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
8 replies 1.8K views
SandLakeSandLake Forumite
519 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
I know there is at least one thread about this but I would like come clarification about something.

I have some friends coming over and we have hired a people carrier, if I head for the Giants Causeway and drop 5 people off at 'The Nook' can I then drive into the official carpark for £8.50?

Not interested in the visitors centre just want to see 'the stones'. Still think £8.50 for the car park is a bit much but I'll live with that.

Replies

• Map21Map21 Forumite
    5 Posts
    You can now park in the car park without paying. On arrival attendant will tell you to pay in the visitors centre. Only do this if you want to use the centre. Otherwise you can freely walk from car park to Stones. Use the short tunnel at side of visitor centre. Toilets also available at the car park or use the hotel. Hope this helps.
  • SandLakeSandLake Forumite
    519 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thanks Map21, that sounds reasonable.
  • SandLakeSandLake Forumite
    519 Posts
    ✭✭
    Was at the Giants Causeway at the weekend and I'm afraid the advice I was given here was wrong or at least the attendants I came accross didn't know anything about it - £8.50 per head to park - end of story.

The 'free' Giants Causeway was just as good as I remembered!
  • SandLake wrote: »
    Was at the Giants Causeway at the weekend and I'm afraid the advice I was given here was wrong or at least the attendants I came accross didn't know anything about it - £8.50 per head to park - end of story.

The 'free' Giants Causeway was just as good as I remembered!

you should have just turned around and dropped you're passengers back off at the road and let them walk back up and you parked the car alone... it is a bl00dy rip off, per head to park rather than per vehicle...... you shouldn't have to pay per person unless you actually want to use the facilities as such... if just the walk then per vehicle should be more than enough......

Alternatively (and personally I'd recommend it) you could join the National Trust and get in for free !!
  • motorguymotorguy Forumite
    21.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alternatively (and personally I'd recommend it) you could join the National Trust and get in for free !!

A friend of mine invited me along to a National Trust meeting and was looking me to join. They seemed a very angry bunch - lots of skinhead types with tatoos. Plus i didnt think the uniform was very becoming. Seemed a lot of hassle to get "free" entry into Forest Parks and stuff so i politely declined and left.
  • getzlsgetzls Forumite
    761 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    motorguy wrote: »
    A friend of mine invited me along to a National Trust meeting and was looking me to join. They seemed a very angry bunch - lots of skinhead types with tatoos. Plus i didnt think the uniform was very becoming.

I think you are getting a bit confused.

That was the National Front.;)
  • getzls wrote: »

That was the National Front.;)

Or the East Belfast Hells Angels !! :rotfl:
  • motorguymotorguy Forumite
    21.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    getzls wrote: »