PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

New windowless Remoska. Any reviews?

Options
My Remoska gave up the ghost and has gone back to Lakeland. I got a full refund.

I just wondered how people were getting on with the new windowless model. I used to find that if I lifted the lid on my old one, things like jacket spuds would loose their crispiness so am a bit concerned about the windowless model.

I like the look of the tefal Bake and roast as a cheaper alternative, however, i like the Lakeland returns/lifetime replacement policy. I'm weighing up my options!!

Any thoughts? Thanks.
£2019 in 2019 #44 - 864.06/2019

Comments

• penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Very pleased with my new one, it replaced a mini which did not have a window either. Not having a window is supposed to make for more even cooking, and the pan is now aluminium which it much better.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • cooking-mama
    Options
    I was at the good food show recently, woman at the Lakeland stall told me we can upgrade our old Remoskas to the new one by returning the old and paying the difference in price.?..I'm thinking about it as the pan on mine is Getty a bit misshapen.
    Slimming World..Wk1,..STS,..Wk2,..-2LB,..Wk3,..-3.5lb,..Wk4,..-2.5,..Wk5,..-1/2lb,Wk6,..STS,..Wk7,..-1lb.
    Week 10,total weightloss is now 13.5lbs Week 11 STSweek 14(I think)..-2, total loss now 1 stone exactly
    GOT TO TARGET..1/2lb under now weigh 10st 6.5(lost 1st 3.5lbs)
  • bellaquidsin
    bellaquidsin Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I got my new Remoska in part exchange for the old one from Lakeland and just paid the difference.

I don't particularly miss the glass window as long as I watch my timings carefully but I do miss the slight dome in the lid which the old one had. I used to cook a small roast chicken in the old one with great success. In the new one however even though I press the breastbone down well, it can rise up and hit the lid and burn badly, not a nice smell.

Bella
    A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth. Luke 12 v 15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure