PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

I need it to rain.....

Options
I can't believe I'm saying this but I've just soaped up the patio and scrubbed it whilst it was raining....and the sun has now come out. Ugggh. I need just another short downpour to help rinse it away.

Trust me, I'm not being lazy. I have a huge patio and I'm worn out and sweaty after having just scrubbed 25ft of patio.

Is it ok if it dries out and then rains later on....or am I going to have to get the hose out and do more scrubbing/sweeping?
Dave Ramsey Fan[/COLOR]

Comments

• Hobsons_Choice
    Hobsons_Choice Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You'll be happy if you live in the Midlands then.
    Hasn't blooming stopped all day so far :(
    Normal people worry me.
  • OurLass
    OurLass Posts: 253 Forumite
    Options
    Bublin1 wrote: »
    I can't believe I'm saying this but I've just soaped up the patio and scrubbed it whilst it was raining....and the sun has now come out. Ugggh. I need just another short downpour to help rinse it away.

Trust me, I'm not being lazy. I have a huge patio and I'm worn out and sweaty after having just scrubbed 25ft of patio.

Is it ok if it dries out and then rains later on....or am I going to have to get the hose out and do more scrubbing/sweeping?

If it's anything like here,you got your wish!Very heavy shower as I type.Cat's come in and deposited her wet body on my lap.Good job I love her!:D
  • Seakay
    Seakay Posts: 4,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    heavy rain should take care of slightly dried out soap. If it's actually detergent and not soap then possibly not.
  • Bublin1
    Bublin1 Posts: 724 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It still hasn't rained - South London.
    I used some more water and scrubbed before I went out at 1pm. It was still sudsy.
    I used about a quarter of a bottle of Stardrops and bleach.
    Right now it looks so much cleaner but I think there is a whitish hue to the red brick that has never been cleaned.
    Once I put my dd to bed I'll give it another go. The problem is my hose is crap..all kinked so the flow is very slow which was why I'm hoping for a downpour today..
    Dave Ramsey Fan[/COLOR]
  • Bublin1
    Bublin1 Posts: 724 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've just spent 30 mins washing away the suds!

I laid the hose down and let it drain out, moving it as needed. Just kept sweeping down the drain hole...., phew that was hard work!

Thanks for the replies everyone.
    Dave Ramsey Fan[/COLOR]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family