Stupidity strikes.... LBM!

Options
Good evening everyone :)

I have been totally stupid and let things get out of control, but last night I had my LBM. I have a lot of debt, but although I can pretty much afford it, things are always tight. We really struggle with having payments in and out all through the month, so today I have downloaded a money management app and things are looking up! I needed something more than the bog standard excel spreadsheet I had been using for the last 5/6 years, and this app seems to be the answer to my prayers!
Short term, things are going to be tight, the 15 fags a day habit is being kicked in the backside and fingers crossed things will start to improve. It's just so frustrating when on paper we should be comfortable, and yet we are skint.
Here's to accounting for every penny, and thinking before spending and getting the debts DOWN!
Debt Free Wannabe....
LBM 16/5/14 - too much to count!

Comments

• chiefsfanuk
    chiefsfanuk Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Pebbles,

Congrats on the LBM and good luck with getting things on track.

We seem to have a bit in common, I too had the ol' LBM last night and I too am starting by quitting the smokes... A spectacular amount of money to be saved there let alone the health benefits! I am going to be using an e-cig and I might try to book in with doc next week and get patches on prescription. How are you planning to give up?

May I ask what is the app you are using called, I might have a little gander at that one...
    V xxx
    :idea: LBM 5/4/16 :idea:
    DMP Journey starts April 2016. Time to take control once and for all!
    Unsecured Debt £20583/£20583 Emergency fund £0/£1000
  • pebbles82
    pebbles82 Posts: 256 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello! I have been following your threads from last night :)
    Re the smokes, right now it's cutting out straights and using tobacco as I really don't like them so don't smoke anywhere near as many... I have an e-cig too for work, so here's hoping... Also going to see how it goes over the next week or so and see doc for the champix.
    The app I'm using on the PC is called moneypoint... Just searched the store and it was a freebie with good reviews.
    Today I have logged what has been spent and also made a payment towards a debt that I was late paying this month :( -onwards and upwards!
    Debt Free Wannabe....
    LBM 16/5/14 - too much to count!
  • chiefsfanuk
    chiefsfanuk Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    Ohhh I am gonna get on the app store and see what I can find :) Wonder if there is anything worthwhile for the smoking too!

Nice meeting you Pebbles, here's to the journey!:beer:
    V xxx
    :idea: LBM 5/4/16 :idea:
    DMP Journey starts April 2016. Time to take control once and for all!
    Unsecured Debt £20583/£20583 Emergency fund £0/£1000
  • GettingOrganised
    Options
    Congratulations on your LBM and good luck on your journey :)
    SPC # 348 2014-£169.07/2015 - £156.89
    GC 2014 Feb-Dec £2931.62
    GC 2015 Jan £216.93/£220 Feb £291.97/£215 Mar £213.64/£220 Apr £207.62/£220
    DFBXmas2015 #40 - £3,474.61/£4,000
  • Older_But_Not_Wiser
    Options
    Ohhh I am gonna get on the app store and see what I can find :) Wonder if there is anything worthwhile for the smoking too! :

Hi, you could try a freebie app called My Last Cigarette which those lovely people on the health and beauty board recommended to me. It tracks the cost and health savings you are making and some of the figures it gives are incredibly motivating (mine worked out that if I carry on smoking for another 25 years which is my life expectancy, then it would cost me £76k at today's prices :eek:)
    HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport