Help with experian credit report

Options
It's been a while since I've looked at my credit report so thought it was about time I had a nosey.

I registered towards the beginning of the week and received my pin today. I've had a look and apparently my score is excellent but none of my old debts are showing on there. I have two loans that I paid off years ago and one still outstanding that I make monthly payments to, but there is nothing there - not even my virgin media account that used to show up when I first checked my report years ago. There's just my current bank account and joint account with my husband. Does anyone know why this might be? Do things take a while to show up after you register?!

Comments

• mcsharbo
    mcsharbo Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone have any ideas please?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 29,009 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,
    Lenders can use any of the 3 credit reference agencies, they don't all use the same one, to get a fuller picture you need to register with Experian, Equifax and noddle(callcredit) noddle is free, the other two charge you £2 per report.
    Information is only held for 6 years, then it falls off your file, there is a section titled "closed accounts" which should show any older debts that have been satisfied/closed, hope this helps !!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure