What small DFW things will you do today Monday 12th May

Options
Pippilongstocking
Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
edited 12 May 2014 at 8:32AM in Debt-free wannabe
When we start out on the Debt-Free Wannabe trail we do loads of big "stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the Gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free...

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.:money:

Morning people - - bout time I kept up posting on here I think

Here's the lovely thread - goodluck all who sail to DFW'ness in her.

:T:T:T:T:T:T:T

Morning lands, sorry I've been a bit awol in posting lately - bad Pippi

My word doesn't a night sleep make things a bit chirpier.

DD has an exam today so fingers crossed her her 'advanced superstar biology' I think.

I'm at both works today so I must get a bit of a wriggle on.

19 days til move. I'm in denial about that.

Todays' wee things I will do
Banks etc
Air dry hokey cokey (washing) at least one load
Store meals - must remember lunch, tea will be from the meal planner
Must take snacks - ward off spends
Mileage for half the day so must write that in the diary
Organise council tax changing to not pay more
Phone BT and cancel services here
Pay deposit on a wee something from the wedding money
Speak to Mr McB via skype and not house phone
Text a chum about meeting up here for a cuppa save money and I've cake in the freezer
Organise a chum to fix shredder he said we would rather than pay
Sort out roast chook in fridge and try not eat it all at one sitting
Work hard
Organise diary to maximise stuff with petrol
Put hours on timesheet
List a couple bits (heater, dictaphone thingmy, scanner, printer, strimmer) on local selling FB page
Do something about Darwin.
Arrange a work cuppa with a chum
Look out some notes for teaching on Wednesday night - I think they wanted something on herbs and weeds -- best not mix them up eh?
Write a suitably silly blog as it cheers me up and its free
Read some diaries/blogs too (see point above)
Update work FB page and snag an hour or so working later in pjs :)

Well that should sort life for today eh - I know I have a big list lets hope I actually achieve some of it.

Hey have a great day all and lets all sparkle out there (as Sophiesmum use to say :D).
Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
:money:Sleeves up folks.:money:

Comments

• ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 May 2014 at 12:10PM
    Options
    Good Morning All
    pippi - Thanks for starting us off

Hi to all of the regulars and a BIG welcome to all the newbies, this is a really FAB thread with so many lovely, caring, considerate and supportive people.

I seem to be taking a few steps backwards, can not seem to shake off this shocking cold/sore throat/earache despite Drs saying its just viral but that unfortunately also means I'm not allowed to go to physio (I would hate to pass on my germs to anyone else with a low immune system - we are all heart patients - so better to be safe than sorry), so will try to stay as active as I can at home, so yet another small & boring list (but you guys help me get through the long lonely days):

Pop to Bank - Done
    Pop to Post office - Done
    Check Banks - Done
    Check swapits - Done
    Packed lunch for DH & DS - Done
    Meals from cupboards/freezer -
    Catch up on emails (& unsubscribe from any no longer wanted) - Will be a WIP for a while as have so many coming through every day so am going to make it a regular job
    Look at surveys in inbox -
    Nectar Adpoints -
    Few comps -
    Read library book (Mad about the Boy) - In progress
    Check www.freepostcodelottery.com -
    Update here -

Have a great day, love you all xx

C xx
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 May 2014 at 2:01PM
    Options
    Morning all!

Read all the posts from the weekend and felt that I should put in an appearance!

Thanks to pippi for starting us off
    Ziggy - keep taking it slowly :)

MSE stuff has not been going amazingly. Been ticking over but OH's illness has not helped matters - have to keep him amused/distracted etc.

So today, I will try to improve matters by:

• Add weekend spends into spreadsheet - done
    • B/L/D from stores - yogurt + hm banana cake / chicken and feta salad with roast veg / jambalaya - lunch delicious
    • Tend to seedlings in garden. Caught a rogue snail launching an aerial attack last night.
    • Decide on tomorrow's food so I don't end up eating daft things
    • dry washing outside to save on dehumidifier - told OH to put it out
    • scoot around in freezer to make space for ys chicken cooked last night - freezer completely full at the mo due to insane amounts of batch cooking!
    • NSD except milk
    • Remind OH to ping me the £50 he owes me - reminded... still waiting!
    • Go to bank at lunchtime to pay in money received for old car - branch closed forever. Obviously must either go to nearest city at the weekend or push £20 notes through my phone screen, into my account? :mad:
    That's more or less me. Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • solvencyseeker
    Options
    Hello All,

Another quick lunch time post.

Was awake from 2am worrying about money etc. Think I have formulated a plan to get rid of OD1 which is main concern (have added back to it the amount we managed to pay off last month).

My list:
    * Try to stay positive
    * All meals from stores
    * Walk to post office and post eBay items
    * Talk to OH tonight about plan to pay off OD (might also post on here for advice)

Ziggy - I logged into Facebook last night and reset my password. Couldn't follow the link you posted. Am doing UCAS stuff with son2 tonight so will get him to show me what to do(hopefully - he keeps postponing).

Best wishes to all x
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello All,

Another quick lunch time post.

Was awake from 2am worrying about money etc. Think I have formulated a plan to get rid of OD1 which is main concern (have added back to it the amount we managed to pay off last month).

My list:
    * Try to stay positive
    * All meals from stores
    * Walk to post office and post eBay items
    * Talk to OH tonight about plan to pay off OD (might also post on here for advice)

Ziggy - I logged into Facebook last night and reset my password. Couldn't follow the link you posted. Am doing UCAS stuff with son2 tonight so will get him to show me what to do(hopefully - he keeps postponing).

Best wishes to all x

Sending big hugs honey :A If you want send me your email address and I'll add you that way
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• ShootForTheMoon
    Options
    Afternoon Lovelies!!

Thanks for the starter Pippi :D

Rightho, back to normality today after a busy weekend, so here's today's list:

:) Check banking

:) Check FPL and Adpoints

:) Enter some travel comps

:) Make packed lunch for OH to take to work

:) Catch up with friend over a HM cuppa instead of going out

:) Go to the gym and train hard... Been letting it slip lately

:) 2x loads of washing and hang out to dry

:) Get plants donated by Dad planted in the allotment

:) Dinner from stores... Lasagne and salad

:) Check savings and investment accounts are doing ok - work out what options are best for the next 12 months or so...

:) Order new mattress whilst it's in the sale

Think that's it for today... Not terribly exciting but stuff that needs to be done!!

Hope everyone is well!

Love,

Shoot x
    :T DEBT FREE AS OF APRIL 2013! :T
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul"
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,126 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Busy day but not much on the money saving front. Made some bread rolls & pizza, picked home grown radishes, herbs & spring onions to go in tonight's salad, knitted the teensiest imaginable little bit of sock, made tomorrow's packed lunch, sliced & froze a couple of peppers before they went off.....Oh & postman brought £4 of M&S vouchers......but apart from that, zero.
    f x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,126 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh.......& I didn't go out as was on 'Workman duty' all day so I didn't spend anything.
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • headoutthesand
    headoutthesand Posts: 1,041 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Evening all. Today I....

Checked banks
    Checked mobile usage
    Returned some clothes to shops for refund
    Went to view a flat to rent and although ideal for the short time that I need it for, I decided against it and chose to hold off for another few months before I look again
    Washed inside of the car and found out tyre pressure so I can blow up tyres tonight
    Got CC bill in today so managed to work out what my balance should be for next month
    Packed lunches for kids
    Dinner from stores
    Shopping list for essentials only
    Try to meal plan for rest of the week
    Use free doughnut vouchers from mcdonalds before they expire tomorrow

Happy Monday everyone x
    Official DFW nerd no 551 - proud to be dealing with my debts
    Debts as of March 2014
    Nationwide - £5745, Overdraft - £350,
    Debts as of January 2015
    Nationwide - £4997, Overdraft - £0:j
  • Karb
    Karb Posts: 853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening everyone

Not much to report today. A small spend at Aldi, but only on Fruit and veg, which cost less than a fiver.

As the rain that we'd had most of the day went away this afternoon, I got off the train two stops early and walked the rest of the way. Not money saving, as my ticket is already paid for, but a bit of exercise.

Other than that, it's just the usual from me
    Meals from stores
    Read free newspaper
    Free tea/coffee/water at work
    Charged phone at work
    Checked online banking

At an all day conference tomorrow. On the plus side, it means I get my meals for free, on the downside I'll drive rather than use the train as it'll be a late finish. There is accommodation as it's a two day event, but I'll be coming home as it's less than 30 miles away, so I can't claim the fuel costs

Have a good evening folks
    Debt free since December 2015. It can be done

• GettingOrganised
    Options
    Happy Monday All,

My phone contract ends 1st June, so I've got a new Tesco sim and was just waiting for my handset unlocking code to be sent through - it came this evening. So phone unlocked, new SIM tested - all OK. Next step, the dreaded call to current phone company to cancel contract. I was on hold for 1/2 hour before I got through, but other than that it went smoothly. This should save me £17.50 per month - yeah!

Other than that, it is back to the small DFW things:
    All meals from stores
    No spend day
    Prepared lunches for tomorrow
    Prepared chicken for tomorrow - recipe needs thigh fillets, cheaper to buy with bones, so played butcher (I hate messing around with meat)
    No heating needed tonight
    General hoovering/cleaning/tidying/washing up...it never ends does it?!

I need to update my grocery spend, but I'm reluctant as I know I spent more than I wanted to at the weekend. I also don't want to look at my bank for the same reason...I know this isn't the right attitude, but I'm in a good mood and don't want to turn it into a bad mood!
    SPC # 348 2014-£169.07/2015 - £156.89
    GC 2014 Feb-Dec £2931.62
    GC 2015 Jan £216.93/£220 Feb £291.97/£215 Mar £213.64/£220 Apr £207.62/£220
    DFBXmas2015 #40 - £3,474.61/£4,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business