Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You won a barbecue? That's so cool!
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A pretty good day then YB, well done on the win. Keep or sell for an OP?
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • yukkibear
    yukkibear Posts: 5,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'll keep this one. I don't know which model so it could be a table top one which will be great for when we go camping next year, or if it's a bigger one it'll replace ours which is on its last legs. I'll reveal all when it arrives.
  • yukkibear
    Options
    The electric and gas came in under budget again this month so hopefully as long as we don't over spend on food then another OP can be made in the next couple of weeks.

I REALLY wanted a takeaway tonight, but checked the accounts and had to remind myself that without a salary now being self employed I have to be more careful so I cooked instead. Feels good too.

I've been decluttering a little today, sorted the airing cupboard and popped all bedsets together in it's pillow case so they're easy to find when we want them and they look a lot neater as well.
    Also decluttered the goody cupboard. The amount of chocolates we have is silly. Sorted the ones I like from the ones I don't. Hubby can have the ones I don't like and then then boxes can go in the bin. I have taken out the ones I like and popped in a ziplock bag so I can just get a chocolate when I want one and know it wont be a nasty surprise.
  • evilqueen88
    Options
    Hi. If you want to write, have you looked at self-publishing a novel on Kindle Direct? It's free and easy. I've done a few and it's a few pounds every month, even more if I promote and stuff. Could be a great stepping stone for you.
  • giblet1979
    giblet1979 Posts: 864 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on resisting the takeaway! x
    Debt remaining: :(
    Mortgage - £117,759 (£134,600, Nov 2013)

Work overpayment and home improvement loan paid back (£19200) :beer:

• Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ooh self publishing a novel sounds interesting.
  • yukkibear
    Options
    Hi. If you want to write, have you looked at self-publishing a novel on Kindle Direct? It's free and easy. I've done a few and it's a few pounds every month, even more if I promote and stuff. Could be a great stepping stone for you.

I have thought about it, and a novel is part of the long term dream definitely.
  • catshark88
    catshark88 Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Just found your diary and wanted to pop in to say hello and good luck!

Well done on resisting the takeaway, they can be a killer financially, lol!
    "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." William Morris
  • yukkibear
    Options
    Thanks Catshark, think I need all the luck I can get.

Did a £35 food shop this morning, hoping it'll last as we have some bits in, so would be silly to buy more. Accounts are looking OK ish. No room for frivilous spending but OK none the less.

With dd back at school, I am starting to slowly declutter. I'm also thinking about that dreaded "C" word. Thinking of scouting around and seeing how much of a handmade christmas we can do this year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure