Looking for free brambles in Glasgow

Ajjm
Ajjm Posts: 1 Newbie
Im looking to pick brambles in or around the Glasgow area. Does anyone know of any areas there are a number of bramble bushes i could pick fruit for free?

Comments

• sheep-ali
    sheep-ali Posts: 573 Forumite
    Ajjm wrote: »
    Im looking to pick brambles in or around the Glasgow area. Does anyone know of any areas there are a number of bramble bushes i could pick fruit for free?

No idea - but I do know that you are several months early as there will be no fruit until August/ September at the earliest.
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Ajjm wrote: »

Hello Ajjm

Welcome to the MSE site.:hello:

Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

I've moved your thread from the 'I wanna' board to the 'Scotland' board, where it should get more responses.

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 May 2014 at 4:19PM
    Having a spin round rural back-roads/ditches near the city used to yield loads of brambles but modern verge mamagement methods leave a lot less bushes than there used to be. Derelict sites often grew fantastic bushes but again, these are a lot less accessable than when I was an active bramble picker.

But you will need to wait a bit - end of summer is when they come into fruit - Ideally after the first frost IIRC. My gran used to make loads of Bramble Jelly and Wine every year - all picked by my mates and I.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure