Regen Health Suggestions

Options
I like games that have regenerative health systems (don't judge) anyone know of any good ones?

I've played 007 Legends, Uncharted 1,2,3 and GTA5, Tomb Raider etc.

I have PS3 and Xbox 360 (and PC but prefer not to play games on PC) so if anyone has any suggestions, please fire away :)
The truth is out there... and I want to believe

Comments

• RichL74
    RichL74 Posts: 938 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Halo of course.
  • silentkiller
    silentkiller Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah I'm not a real fan of halo tbh...
  • Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Had a little smile at that comment given Halo is one of the big games that made regenerative health a standard feature in FPS games.

It's such a small part of the game and there's a very diverse range of games that use regenerative health. From your list of games, Far Cry 3 is the one that comes to mind - it doesn't have a fully regenerative health system, instead you have health segments which can individually recharge but it felt quite similar to the new Tomb Raider but more open world. The combat is good, there's a wide range of skills to upgrade with as well as hunting animals to improve your equipment plus the base attack aspect of the game is pretty good.

The Gears of War and Call of Duty series games both use regenerative health (or at least some of the CoD games do) but they're possibly not the sort of games you're interested in.

Borderlands 2 is an FPS with an RPG side to it, you can equip regenerative health in that and again a fairly open world with the ability to improve your skills and weapons.

John
  • silentkiller
    Options
    Only just seen this - the reason I don't like halo is because of the way it looks - not because of the health system or any other reason. I'm not into Science Fiction.

I have Far Cry 3 and All the COD games (they are more my thing) and all the James Bond games so was looking for games like those really.

my fave game is GTA V and I love Red Dead Redemption.
  • Hodge4ever
    Hodge4ever Posts: 350 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another vote for GoW 1/2/3, Saints Row 3 or 4 if you don't mind the over-the-top silliness, Dead Island & WET.

I think the new Wolfenstein is regenerative as well, but I haven't got round to playing it yet, maybe someone can confirm?
  • ITonyI
    ITonyI Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    Hodge4ever wrote: »
    Another vote for GoW 1/2/3, Saints Row 3 or 4 if you don't mind the over-the-top silliness, Dead Island & WET.

I think the new Wolfenstein is regenerative as well, but I haven't got round to playing it yet, maybe someone can confirm?

I can confirm that Wolfenstein is not 100% regenerative. You have a health and armour bar that depletes with damage, although health does regenerate up to the nearest 20% (e.g. 45% health slowly regenerates up to 60%, 15% regens to 20%, etc).

It's a cracking good game though :)
  • silentkiller
    silentkiller Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    I was unsure about Wolfenstein as I don't really want to spend a lot of money on the game and then only be able to get a certain way in.
  • fridgeracer
    fridgeracer Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    far cry 3: blood dragon (standalone game)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure