Has anyone had any dealing with Wiseplan or Waverley Investments

Options
I've been contacted by Wiseplan who have discussed Waverley Investments as a potential SIPP provider. Has anyone had any dealings with them?

Comments

• greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    The small print at the bottom of their website says:-
    Wiseplan do not provide any financial or pension advice. Wiseplan are not authorised or regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, we are an independent marketing company and act solely as an introducer to a network of FCA regulated Independent Financial Advisors. The information published on this website is for information purposes only. We strongly advise that you seek independent financial advice before making any large financial decision.

Since Wiseplan cannot add any useful service just go directly to an IFA of your choice. Cheaper and safer!
  • RichandJ
    RichandJ Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    edited 8 May 2014 at 3:48PM
    Options
    SMaC63 wrote: »
    I've been contacted by Wiseplan who have discussed Waverley Investments as a potential SIPP provider. Has anyone had any dealings with them?

Reputable financial advice firms do not cold call. Disreputable ones, on the other hand........

Avoid.
    It only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, it only takes one match to burn a thousand trees. As well, the cars are all passing me, bright lights are flashing me.

Johnny Was. Once.

Why did he think "systolic" ?
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Only scams cold call.

You want an IFA? A real one? go to unbiased.co.uk
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Reputable and genuine regulated companies do not cold call. There are many scams and issues with cold calling companies at the moment.
    I've been contacted by Wiseplan who have discussed Waverley Investments as a potential SIPP provider.

They have immediately breached FCA guidelines as introducers are not allowed to give advice or recommendations. So, how can they discuss a SIPP?

Most scams seem to work by the introducer saying all the things a regulated firm cannot. They then use a regulated firm to put the SIPP in place but the unregulated firm then put in place unregulated investments in dodgy areas like carbon credits, forestry or overseas property. The FCA continues to put out warnings about these things and continues to shut down companies but it is slower than those setting up.

General rule of thumb is to never act on a cold call. More cold calls seem to be scams than real.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure