Retrospective claim for ALl my pension pot

Options
Having reached 65 in january this year I found two old pensions and took the 25% option. Neither of the pots are in excess of £10,000.
Is it possible for me to change my option to 100% of the pension pots at this stage and sacrifice the annuities?:cool:

Comments

• greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Have you bought annuities with them? You havent said so.

You didnt have to purchase annuities (if indeed you have?).

If you have already paid the money you only have the cooling off period to change your mind. If it was "in January" then you can't.

What makes you think that the annuity purchase is now "bad"?
  • lordgord
    lordgord Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    having spoken to one of the providers, they are NOT annuities, then I got some double-talk that just confused me. So still no definitive answer regarding my eligibility to claim 100% of the pension fund. Can YOU help please?
  • somethingcorporate
    Options
    So what did the pension company say?
    Thinking critically since 1996....
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Having taken the 25% TF lump sums, what did you actually DO with the other 75%?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    having spoken to one of the providers, they are NOT annuities

So what are they?
    So still no definitive answer regarding my eligibility to claim 100% of the pension fund. Can YOU help please?

You are asking us if you can do something you cannot currently do generically with something we dont know you have. You are not giving us much to go on.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • lvader
    lvader Posts: 2,579 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you have any other income? Any pension pot withdrawals after the initial 25% are subject to income tax.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure